Fakery at the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony

Started by Lise @ Work, Aug 12 08 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise @ Work

Wow, the stuff they don't show you. Kinda funny in a sad, sad way. I just say, 'stop dissecting everything and enjoy the game for goodness sake!'

[DIV class=storyheader] [H2]Fakery at the Olympic Games[/H2] [H4]Opening Ceremony singer lip-synched song because actual singer wasn't pretty enough while CGI fireworks added to telecast[/H4]

[DIV class=feed_details] [H4]Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun[/H4][SPAN]Published: Tuesday, August 12, 2008[/SPAN]

The skies may be clearing up over Beijing, but the face China tried to paint on the 2008 Olympic Games is breaking out in blemishes.

Main Street of Happyville turns out to be a collection of expensively-built facades, with nothing behind them. Or worse, something awful behind them: a series of very large lies - and the worst of it is that the Chinese hosts don't even appear to realize how bad they may end up looking to the rest of the world.

The Opening Ceremony we all gushed over was not what it seemed. Those blazing footprints of fireworks that "walked" in the sky from Tiananmen Square to the Bird's Nest stadium? Pre-recorded and digitally inserted into the telecast.

[A href="http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=3175db58-0f2c-489c-9cf6-01591d35588c"]Read More[/A]

Van

They should just have got Pixar to do the whole darn thing then!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I watch what I watch, purely for entertainment.  It wouldn't bother me to learn the whole thing is digitally mastered.  The parts I don't enjoy, I don't watch.  I don't care what the political undertones are, or what country is winning the most or who is singing or not singing.  I enjoyed the opening ceremonies one hundred percent.  I was totally entertained.  If it was supposed to change or alter my opinions on anything, I missed it. I'm ok with that.  

I have watched and enjoyed the gymnastics.  I don't care which country did the best.....I just like watching these talented people.  I wince for them when they err and feel joyful for them when they succeed.

I will not watch any events, that under any other circumstances would bore me to tears, just because it is the Olympics.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ShyT

The girl who sang at the opening wasn't the one we saw. They only used her voice, the real singer was replaced because it was thought that she wasn't pretty enough.  

ShyT

Sorry, I've repeated what was already written in the first message.

49er

[DIV class=storyheader] [H4]Opening Ceremony singer lip-synched song because actual singer wasn't pretty enough while CGI fireworks added to telecast[/H4] Wouldn't surprise me that the little girl who appeared on TV is the illigimate child of a high official and his mistress

The Opening Ceremony we all gushed over was not what it seemed. Those blazing footprints of fireworks that "walked" in the sky from Tiananmen Square to the Bird's Nest stadium? Pre-recorded and digitally inserted into the telecast.

Its called propaganda, targeting their own........lets hope NBC did not participate in this with their delayed broadcast of the ceremonies to us.

Sportsdude

I remember those fireworks, they talked about how beautiful they were. So I think they played along.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I don't know why, but none of this is a big deal to me.  We see distortions of the truth on our own 6 o'clock news about issues of far greater concern, than a show of glitzy entertainment.  Lip sinc-ing ?  Oh well.  Seat fillers ?  Common practise at all kinds of events. (wasn't Kramer a seat filler at the Academy Awards once ?    

We have become a nation of nit-pickers and have destroyed our own ability to enjoy anything.  One has to wonder why anyone would attempt to do anything, knowing it will be ripped to shreds by the growing masses of cynics.  My opinion of the show that I enjoyed so much, hasn't changed a bit. (am I displaying blatant signs of Pollyanna-ism ?  Oh well, to that too )  

purelife

I don't find this a big deal either, PC.   It was an excellent performance and it doesn't change my mind.    

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]  Cheers Lady purelife.  May we continue to enjoy the world in our rose tinted glasses.

|