Perseids

Started by Michel, Aug 09 08 01:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

P.C.

I never miss the meteor shower.  Last year we drove to the beach to watch because we have no sky.  

*brings back memories.  I remember once, when my son was very little, while we were laying on sleeping bags in the yard watching the meteors.....and he asked "Mom...what kind of meat do they eat"      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lise

Sounds lovely! Where's the best spot?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

We used to take our sleeping bags and HUGE bowls of popcorn onto the roof of the Ebony Lounge to watch the meteor shower.  And if I remember correctly....I used to get up there by climbing up the tree with the agility of a monkey.....lol.  Now I get up there like a sloth......with a ladder.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Michel

P.C.

lol.....this is true.    

P.C.

Don't forget.....tonight is star gazing night.

Michel

Chicklet

We're going to try to head out somewhere dark when my hubby gets home from work around midnight.  Should be FUN!  
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Michel

P.C.

Well hello Miss Chicklet !  How nice to see you !

I don't know what the sky is doing here.....but I have my wish list ready.  

Chicklet

Very nice to see you too madame!

The sky here is clear.  Yippee!!!!

'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Never seen a meteor shower before. I remember that comet years back, but that's it.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."