Go Olympics!

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 07 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hmmm.... anyone caught hold of Bush during the ceremony? He looked bored.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

I haven't seen any olympics yet except for about 10 minutes of woman's beach volleyball. That was ok.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I watched the womens gymnastics last night.....my favourite of all events.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Politics aside, if I was an athlete, I don't think there could be a higher honour than being in the olympics. I respect these athletes a lot more than any NHL or NFL thug.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I'm sure for them it is, Van.  I don't care about all the crap that's going on 'around' the Olympics.  I don't watch sports that I don't care for 'just because' it's the Olympics.  I just watch what I like and leave the rest.  

Van

All the gymnastics are pretty amazing too. If I had a fraction of the strength and flexibility, I would be a happy camper.

P.C.

That used to be my thing in my younger (more flexible) days.  Was pretty good at it.    NOW.....if I can make it from the lounge to the kitchen without tripping on the pattern on the floor.....I expect a 9.

Van

Oh Come On!! You deserve better than 9

*Holds up 10 card*

P.C.

Awww....thanks Van.   But......this is me now..........[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/a060.gif" border=0]  

Van

ok...umm *11.5*....

Sportsdude

I agree about the politics crap, that's only for the Opening ceremony. During the games it's about people who have trained for years for this one event.
The Chinese team looks like they can't be beaten in gymnastics.

Hey guys, don't know if you caught it, but at around 11 to 1am Canada's rowing teams just destroyed everyone. Unreal how good they are, the lowest stroke rate the men had was 40 strokes per minute, which is insane.

So Canada's going to get some gold medals tomorrow/tonight.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lise @ Work

On another note that has nothing to do with politics and blah, I like the mens diving and swimming. Something about buff men in spandex makes teh Lise all tingle.....  

Sportsdude

I hate NBC, NBC sucks.
If only the US had CBC's feed.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

[span class="normalTextSmall"]  
[/span]

|