Go Olympics!

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 07 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Ja!! It was awesome. I love the display of the beautiful women as they walk down in their costumes. China sure put on a good show.....

...... tho a wee small part of me wondered with all that money, they coulda just spend it on making the lives of the poor a bit better.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

I was a little disappointed at the amount of negativity in the comments section of the CTV website.   Are there a billion political reasons to not enjoy it.....sure......but I enjoyed it for what it was.  It is what it is.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

49er

MICHEL FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

Michel

Gopher

I think it would go against his political morality to bear any title whatsoever.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Gopher

The day cannot come soon enough. In the meantime, have you any suggestions s to what London should do for its opening ceremony in 2012?

Michel

Gopher

My idea would be 5,000 Morris Dancers and some men in skirts playing bagpipes. (Of course, chips would have to feature as well).  

Michel

Sportsdude

Well Vancouver's opening ceremony is going to be embarrassing.
NBC had a Chinese political correspondent with there coverage. lol

Feel bad for the U.S. Volleyball team, parents of the Men's coach and a player on the women's team were attacked at a restaurant on the first day, the dad died.  

Anyway Tom Brokaw said it best about China. There are many China's 200 million living on 2 dollars a day, 300-500 or so are 'western' then you've got the ruling class. If you put it in that perspective, China is just like its imperialist days, ruling class, rich class, everyone else.

Anyway the bigger news is that Russia is back being an imperialist power again with the South Ossetia conflict.

Anyway in other News:

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Sportsdude wrote:

Anyway Tom Brokaw said it best about China. There are many China's 200 million living on 2 dollars a day, 300-500 or so are 'western' then you've got the ruling class. If you put it in that perspective, China is just like its imperialist days, ruling class, rich class, everyone else.

Yes SD, how dare China allow over a billion of its people who were living on $2 a day 20 years ago to enrich themselves and some to become middle class and the super rich.    

Sportsdude

Well, I'm just going by Brokaw, paraphrased what he said. Got a beef with him, email nbc. The extent of my history of China is from news clips, a couple books, a gf (which didn't help, she's from Taiwan and hates China with their 'wannabe world domination', lol) and friends, the Opium War, the movie Mulan and martial arts movies. lol
good times. lol

That relay was insane. French vs. Americans. crazy cool.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|