Go Olympics!

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 07 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Looks like a beautiful day to go walking in the park!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I'm betting Canada will come back with 5 gold medals. Ha.That's how much faith I have in our team.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'm betting they'll come back with some respiratory ailments.  

Good spirit Lise !!!!!   GO Canada !  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Oh I have more faith than 5 medals. We are not a summer sport kind of nation though. Just being there is an awesome experience for the athletes.

[FONT size=5]GO CANADA [/FONT]for sure!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Yeah, not to be a party pooper, but the world only knows Canada in the Summer Olympics for a sprinter on steroids. Oh well look at our dudes, we make East Germany's team look tame. hahaha

I'm watching the basketball games, root for the US to lose.

Michel

Sportsdude

Cuz people want to win for the money. lol

I liked watching the sailing events in '04, but I don't think those events will be as pretty this year.

Gopher

Anyone managed to watch the opening ceremony?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Here in Amerika that isn't shown until prime time.
They were teasing it on tv earlier, saying it was the best they've ever seen. I have a sinking feeling Vancouver's is going to blow giant chunks, unfortunately.

Gopher

Definitely worth watching. The best opening ceremony I've seen.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Here in Amerika that isn't shown until prime time.
They were teasing it on tv earlier, saying it was the best they've ever seen. I have a sinking feeling Vancouver's is going to blow giant chunks, unfortunately.

You are probably right. I missed today's opening ceremonies, but I hear they were pretty amazing.

The world doesn't treat the Winter Olympics the same.  They are doing them at *YAAAAWN*...BC Place too.

Oh well. As long as there is a pothead snowboarder REPRASENTAN BC and Canada!! Oh yeah!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I'm not one for flashy hooplah.....but I have to say, the opening ceremonies were the most spectacular thing EVER !!!!!!!   Unbelievable !  Engineering and technological genius.....  Heart, history, precision showmanship........I can't find enough words.....most impressive.    

Michel

P.C.

The drummers (and their precision) made my jaw drop.  I also loved the 'movable boxes'.  Absolutely spectacular.

[img class=bpImage style="WIDTH: 574px; HEIGHT: 320px" src="http://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/oly_08_08/oly7.jpg"]

Some great photos on this site....    [A href="http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/2008_olympics_opening_ceremony.html"]http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/08/2008_olympics_opening_ceremony.html[/A]

|