Go Olympics!

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 07 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Yes, I noticed that on my buddy's satellite Sunday. All the timezones for CBC were playing the exact same coverage from Newfoundland to BC.

I am not sure why everyone cares so much about the opening ceremonies anyways? For me, it is about the athletes.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Van

Yeah, I will watch a bit here and there when I flip the channels. I do like the gymnastics and stuff. I won't be losing any sleep if Canada gets no medals. I don't care what country the athlete is from, some are amazing to watch.

I got way more out of the X-Games in LA. No flashy sh*t. Just pure raw talent!!

Americans always clean up there too, but damn they are awesome!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Sportsdude

A guy from Togo won his country's first ever medal in whitewater kayaking.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

He went for sure. First medal ever for Togo in the Olympics. cool.
lol

Michel

Sportsdude

Well the athlete was born in France, his mother is Tongolese. So he's probably giving the giant finger to Sarkozy and his all africans must get dna tested immigration policy.

Michel

Sportsdude

I was being sarcastic.  

Michel

Sportsdude

okay.
lol ESPN is talking about how Mark Spitz isn't going to show up for Phelps trying to break his record.

Van

Michel wrote:
Yeah it must be amazing for a sport man to see what people can do. But since I swim like a brick and bike like a snail, lol, I don't dig it. Ah ah I just can imagine somebody eating KFC wearing 30 lbs extra over his healty weight and getting excited in front of his TV set by people biking for "his" country...

LOL! Same as any sport watching on TV.

The so called Canadian 'tradition' of drinking beer and pigging out Saturday evenings to watch a bunch of whiny millionaires play NHL is not a tradition I am familiar with either. Same with people killing a whole Sunday to watch NFL? Never got that either?? Sundays are a good day to enjoy what life can throw at a person.

Sportsdude

Just watched the men's 200m breast stroke. Canada came in 4th .05 seconds from bronze.

|