Go Olympics!

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 07 08 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

no biggie.
Beach volleyball is boring. Yet NBC stuffs it down our throats. Apparently according to interest groups all males between the ages of 18-25 are suppose to like this or they wouldn't put Misty May and Kerri Walsh on primetime.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I got the chance to watch the opening ceremony...[span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;"]VERY [/span]spectacular indeed.  

P.C.

Wasn't that something purelife ?  I'm STILL in awe of the drummers.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Indeed. Vancouver's is going to suck, first ceremony in a dome. How are they going to light the torch? silly.
I heard that China wanted a hometown feel for their athletes so they sold tickets to the events at $12.95 a seat. LOL

P.C.

Yes.....you've mentioned 3 or 4 times how much Vancouver is going to suck.

You're a real 'cup half empty' kinda guy. [img onclick="selecte('stern.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/stern.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

You know how Vancouver and up the ante on the opening ceremony? Give everyone free beer. Make sure they're so drunk that anything would look awesome.

As for me, I'm gonna wait for the magnificient beaver to run across the stage. All hail the Emperor of Fur!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Yes.....you've mentioned 3 or 4 times how much Vancouver is going to suck.

You're a real 'cup half empty' kinda guy. [img onclick="selecte('stern.gif');" alt="emoticon" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/stern.gif[/img]

Not really, I'm actually the cup is full kinda guy.

Michel

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
As for me, I'm gonna wait for the magnificient beaver to run across the stage. All hail the Emperor of Fur!

Lil Me?

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Indeed. Vancouver's is going to suck, first ceremony in a dome. How are they going to light the torch? silly.

I will speak on behalf of most Vancouverites and say "Oh Well... Hey! Is there a Seinfeld rerun on??"...
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Monty Python.

woah we've got a usa vs. china battle going on in men's team gymnastics final.

Van

Cool. I might turn it on. I haven't watched much yet. Maybe some popcorn and olympics tonight.

Is that NBC?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

Boy.... it's a hard choice. Both furballs are equally loveable. I can't decide! Halp!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah NBC has the gymnastics on, CBC probably the same. Media critics down here love the CBC coverage though, they don't fool around apparently and show everything live, no matter what time a day. (the big complaint against NBC). Although gymnastics is live only on the east coast and central. Oh wait, Vancouver's on the west coast, you won't see this live, better turn to CBC.  

Sportsdude

LOL Al Trautwig is hilarious as an announcer "new china syndrome" lmao.

|