Today we will know if the Kokanee Ranger lives or dies

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 05 08 05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Ah well my friend doesn't get out much, even though he works with tourism this summer. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

so is he dead? Either way, probably won't be drinking Kokanee. Kinda bitter stuff.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Really? Kokanee to me tastes like just a regular type of Canadian beer.
Here's something funny, Lucky's the cheap stuff, reminds me of Budweiser, and Bud in Canada doesn't taste like Bud in the US. It tastes better.  

Van

I find it ok, but just a touch bitter. If it is ice cold, I wouldn't turn it down mind you.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Ah. I explained to my cousin what the beer is like up in BC. Said Kokanee was the Busch beer of BC. Inbetween the cheaper brand and the regular national brand. Lucky's is the National Light.

Speaking of beer. lol
6 pack of Miller High Life (so you can live the high life) $3.95 for a 6 pack in the Ozarks of Missouri. lol

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Speaking of beer. lol
6 pack of Miller High Life (so you can live the high life) $3.95 for a 6 pack in the Ozarks of Missouri. lol

For some reason, Miller is popular in Canada?

ok, what happened to the Ranger?

Sportsdude

Don't let a St. Louisian here this but I'd take Miller over Bud. lol  

Van

Miller not big in St. Louis?

Hey, if they are ice cold, I would enjoy either.

Just comparing prices and stuff. Nothing against Miller, but it is close to the same price as Heineken or Becks in Canadian stores. BC is really pricey for beer as it is. Even in Alberta, beer is almost half the price.

Sportsdude

St. Louis is home to Budweiser, you are liable to be beaten up if seen with a Miller who is the enemy around here in some places.

I know beer is expensive in BC, but on the plus side, the prices are relatively even. There's not much difference in price between a Granville which would down here be 8-9 bucks (because its a higher class/independent) and a Molson which would down here (if Molson was American and not considered import) be around 4-5.

If there's a positive about the inflated prices, all the beers are relatively in the same ballpark.

Van

If you drink beer in moderation and not binge, the high  prices are not a big worry.

On another note, weed prices have been the same since the early 90s.....so I heard..from...umm..a friend....or, not...the news..yes, I heard that on the news...

Uhhhhhh

Sportsdude

hahaha
I remember the news when the loonie was at 1.10, they were saying BC Bud was getting priced out of the market. lol

Richard

Michel wrote:
 There was lots of Japanese when I was there, as the town has a twin city in Japan (forgot the name, or didn't pay attention should I say).

And there was a guy kayaking in a traditional skin kayak, wearing a traditional Kwakwawakwa hat or whatever their name is. His girlfriend (?) was there taking pics of him and she says he was going to be kayaking for 2 months around Cape Scott and so on.

-------------------------------------------------

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aboriginal_communities_in_Canada#Reserves_of_British_Columbia"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Aboriginal_communities_in_Canada#Reserves_of_British_Columbia[/A]

It's Kwawkwawapilt.

Alternatively, you can call it quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack.

|