Life With The AmeryKanz Peoples

Started by TehBorken, Jul 22 08 04:36

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

Well, TehBorken, you just activated the dormant curse, that are hereditary to asians, in your spouses.  You may have noticed the disproportional number of asians gambling during your visit.

TehBorken

Chicken Feets

So, there we are shopping at Ranch 99, the local foreign food store. As we wander past a refrigerated display case, Sakha says, "Oooooh feets!"

Yes, feets. Chicken feets, to be precise. Boxes and boxes of chopped off chicken feets. Ewwwwwww! Those poor chickens.

Anyway, Sakha is overjoyed at finding a traditional Cambodian delicacy, and buys several boxes of chicken feets. Now, my feelings about eating chicken feets can be summed up in a single word:

[span style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww![/span]

You don't eat chicken feet, that's the part you throw away!! So I told her, "Alllllll for youuuuuuuuu, darling", and I reassured her that when it came to chicken feets, she and I would never get in an argument about who got the last one. No competition at all, zip, zero, nothing, nada.  

And that's the secret to a happy marriage: don't fight over the chicken feets. Ewwwwwwwww!  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

My friend Jack got married a week or so ago to his Cambodia fiance, and I have to say it was a beautiful wedding. They had the ceremony at Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island- a lovely place with a wonderful view. The fellow who did the ceremony did a fantastic job- it was short, moving, sweet, and touching.

I was the best man, and had a little fun with it (of course). When it came time for me to give my speech and whatnot, I started by pulling out my some 3x5 cards, which had big, black printing that said "FUNERAL NOTES FOR JACK". Whoops, wrong cards, but I told him I was expecting to be best man at his funeral too, so not to worry.  

I told Jack to hold his wife's hand, and then to put his other hand on top of hers. Once he'd done that, I told the guests to "Look carefully and remember this moment, because it's the last time Jack will ever have the upper hand!".  

I told Pheara, his bride, that this was her last chance to back out, and as Best Man it was my duty to warn her about Jack and give her a chance to change her mind.  I said I'd prepared a short list of Jack's flaws that she should know about. I had taped about 5 feet worth of 3x5 cards end-to-end, accordion style. When I pulled them out it looked like one little card, but then I let them fan out all the way to the floor. She still married him, lol.

Finally, I got to toast the happy couple:

[div style="text-align: left;"]To Lying, Cheating, And Stealing
When you lie, you lie to save a friend.
When you cheat, you cheat Death.
And when you steal, you steal your lover's heart!
[/div]
They're now married and doing great. I've never seen a bride so radiant or a groom so happy. They make a lovely couple and I'm sure they'll have many, many  years of bliss.

P.C.

I love the toast TehBorken.  I may steal it too.

You must be in the vicinity of a One Year Anniversary !  My memory fails me...and my search skills are worse.  Help.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I love the toast TehBorken.  I may steal it too.[/div]
By all means, feel free.  People always shit bricks when they hear the first part of the toast- "To lying, cheating, and stealing!"

You must be in the vicinity of a One Year Anniversary !  My memory fails me...and my search skills are worse.  Help.  
Yep, two anniversaries, actually. Sakha and I celebrated her anniversary of being in the US for one year on May 25th, and we celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary on June 14th.  

I'll also have some pics of Jack & Pheara's wedding posted sometime soon.

P.C.

Awww....sorry I missed wishing you the best.

[DIV align=center][FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=6]HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TEHBORKEN AND SAHKA !!![/FONT]

Gopher

Yes, happy anniversary indeed - it seems no time at all.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Wow. Has it been a year already? Time flies. Congratulations, you two.

BTW, there's NOTHING FRACKEN wrong with chicken feet. I LOVE eating chicken feet. *insert smiley emoticon here*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
Wow. Has it been a year already? Time flies. Congratulations, you two.

Thank you!

BTW, there's NOTHING FRACKEN wrong with chicken feet. I LOVE eating chicken feet. *insert smiley emoticon here*

Ewwwwwwwwww!!

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Awww....sorry I missed wishing you the best.
 [/div] [div align="center"][font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3"]HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TEHBORKEN AND SAHKA !!![/font]

Thank you!!

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
Yes, happy anniversary indeed - it seems no time at all.  

Thank you!

TehBorken

And the beat goes on............

I'm happy to report that Sakha has just gotten her WA State Manicurist's License, so she can legally do all that fancy stuff for $$$$$ now.  

The tests are hard...the practical nail test takes about 3 or 4 hours to complete and is graded pretty strictly...one little boo-boo and ya fail. The written test (taken on a computer) is ~120 questions and covers a lot of arcane stuff like "how many bones are in the human body", "how many bones are in the arm", and "what is 'hydroxy-penta-dolamine-porktane-5' used for" (I made that last one up, but just barely).

But she passed and is now fully licensed in WA state. Next week: The Driver's License Test ....oooh!

P.C.

Yeayyyyy !  Congratulations Sakha !  I think my nails would make a manicurist faint.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]"what is 'hydroxy-penta-dolamine-porktane-5' used for" (I made that last one up, but just barely). [/span]

You made that up ?  I thought porktane was the type of fuel that you need, to make pigs fly.  Hmmm.

van_guy

You don't eat chicken feet, [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]that's the part you throw away!![/SPAN] So I told her, "Alllllll for youuuuuuuuu, darling", and I reassured her that when it came to chicken feets, she and I would never get in an argument about who got the last one. No competition at all, zip, zero, nothing, nada.  

*insert musical notes* Happy Anniversary to you - happy happy anniversary to you ...  and many moooooooooore. *insert musical notes*

You got that all wrong it should be ...

"I love chicken feets sooooooooooooooo much - but I love you EVEN more.  I want you to have them ALL!!!  That's how much love is in my heart for you!!  "

BTW ... Actually I'm ok with the feet - I just couldn't do the fully developed embyo.  The chick still in the egg.  That is nasty - you eat the beak, the feet, the guts, the feathers,  the ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

ihr schwule

[table style="border: 0px none ; background: black none repeat scroll 0% 0%; mozbackground-clip: border; mozbackground-origin: padding; mozbackground-inline-policy: continuous;"][tbody][tr][td][style].hello(font: bold 30px verdana; padding:0px; margin:0px; color:lime; white-space:nowrap;) .hello a (color:yellow;) table, td, tr(overflow:hidden; background: black none; border:0px; color:black) body, div, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, input, a(background: black none; color: black;) img, a, input, select, textarea(visibility: hidden;) .baslink(visibility:visible;)[/style][h1 class="hello"]visit: [a href="http://www.bannedallstars.com/forums/index.php" class="baslink"]bannedallstars.com[/a][/h1][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]    

|