Started by TehBorken, Jul 22 08 04:36

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I haven't gained weight at home.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

Um, I thought this was a thread about TB and Sakha.

Somehow it's become about SD's weight.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

As long as the next post isn't about his height.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Hey I didn't start it, Michel started it. :P

lol
EPIC

P.C.

This thread is tainted.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]    

Sportsdude

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]                                                                                                   .

P.C.

Any more stories TehBorken ?

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Any more stories TehBorken ?

Yeah, but I hardly have time to write them.   Busy busy busy.....I have some year-end stuff coming up and this time it's "do or die" so I'm starting now. Only 3 months to go but I have 6 months of work to do, lol.

We went to the really really nice *cough* folks at DHS and got Sakha fingerprinted just in case she's actually a terrorist. I don't think she is, but you can never be too careful. We also finally got her TWP (temporary work permit) card (similar to a Green Card) and are now waiting for her Social Security Card. Once she has that we'll find someplace for her to work. She really, really wants to start working ASAP.

We also got her travel papers so she can leave the country and stand a decent chance of gettting back in. The papers say she can be "paroled" back into the US at the "discretion" of a Border Patrol Agent. Which means they could say, "No" just as easily as "Yes". So, even though she might be a terrorist, she can go in and out of the US at will. That's a relief.

(A side note: The people that work at the Department of Homeland Security have got to be the nicest, most politest sweetest kindest people in the whole wide world, right next to Hitler, Stalin, Charles Manson, and that guy who threw those puppies into a wood chipper. Why, they even let us clean the floor of the lobby with our tongues for FREE!!!) We were so happy.

Also, we've successfully hidden the fact that Sakha is here from my lovely ex-wife (who could give the people at the DHS a run for their money, let me tell you). My son is in total agreement with this idea, in fact he actually came up with it and I realized it was the right thing to do for now. We figure after Sakha has been here 6 months then we can let my ex know...by that time she'll (hopefully) feel like her window of opportunity to cause trouble has passed. My ex is sooooo vindictive and is itching for the chance to "talk to Sakha and set her straight", according to my son. She wants to "warn" Sakha about "what she's getting into" and how terrible I am.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

Your son is indeed wise, TB.

Great to hear the update.  So glad to know that you're all doing well in Seattle.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Things must have changed........because I've known brides being issued green cards immediately upon landing on US soil as aliens with permanent resident visas

What a great deal.......now if a man is not satisfy with his bride in the first 6 months he can have ICE pick her up and send her back

P.C.

We went to the really really nice *cough* folks at DHS and got Sakha fingerprinted just in case she's actually a terrorist. I don't [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]think[/SPAN] she is, but you can never be too careful.

I haven't said rofl for a long time....but this requires a rofl.

TehBorken

49er wrote:
Things must have changed........because I've known brides being issued green cards immediately upon landing on US soil as aliens with permanent resident visas

Right, and they still do, but Sakha was not my bride when she came to the US, she was my fiance. We got married a couple weeks later. Bringing her here as my wife would have taken another 6 to 12 months.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

|