Panda on a single hair

Started by TehBorken, Mar 23 06 06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[div style="font-weight: bold;" class="mxb"]             [div class="sh"]                Panda painted onto single hair             [/div]          [/div][div style="text-align: left;"]                                                                                                                                  [/div]                 [!-- S BO --] [!-- S IIMA --]           [table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"]          [tbody][tr][td]                       [img alt="Jing Ying Hua's panda" src="http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41475000/jpg/_41475582_panda_ap_body.jpg" border="0" height="152" hspace="0" vspace="0" width="203"]             [div class="cap"]Gallery visitors view the painting through a microscope[/div]          [/div]          [/td][/tr]       [/tbody][/table][!-- E IIMA --]Chinese micro-painter Jing Ying Hua has painted an image of a giant panda on a single human hair.  The artist took 10 days to create the mini-masterpiece using a single rabbit hair as a paintbrush. [/p] Vistors to a Chinese gallery viewed the painting through a microscope at 50,000 times magnification. [/p] Other micro-painters include Russian artist Valeriy Dvoryanov who creates oil paintings of famous people on poppy seeds and grains of rice. [!-- E SF --] [/p]  [!-- S IIMA --]           [table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203"]          [tbody][tr][td]          [div]             [img alt="Panda painting" src="http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41475000/jpg/_41475838_panda203ap.jpg" border="0" height="300" hspace="0" vspace="0" width="203"]             [div class="cap"]The image was magnified 50,000 times [/div]                    [/td][/tr]       [/tbody][/table]
His biggest work to date is 2003's picture of the Titanic, on a 2-mm-long mineral sliver. [/p] One of his works is inscribed with the words: "I have loved the sun all my life and always wanted to paint the sun" in letters a fraction of a millimetre wide, painted using a sharpened human hair. [/p] And in 2002, Micro-artist Willard Wigan spent months designing, sculpting and painting a miniature figure of Muhammad Ali fighting Sonny Liston on a pin head. [/p] His collection includes a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Tower Bridge and Jesus - each fitted into the eye of a needle.  [/p] It also features a minute Statue of Liberty and a boxing ring containing Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield.[!-- E BO --]                                   
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

soapbox

tenkani

I don't even see how that's possible. I used to paint miniatures that were about 1/2" tall and even the slightest tremor would ruin it. Needless to say I messed up a lot. Unbelievable.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

soapbox

lol.

steady hand and maybe a certain technique where the artist has reduced creatign the image down to two or three strokes.