The Agony Thread

Started by Gopher, Jul 11 08 11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Post your problems here and no doubt some obliging uncle or aunt will help you through them.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

What if  the problems we're having is with our aunt or uncle?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Then that's valid too. Next question please (to be answered by a bona fide aunt/uncle).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I think you should start Gophie.  What is your agony ?

purelife

Gopher wrote:
Post your problems here and no doubt some obliging uncle or aunt will help you through them. Is there a word limit?

Lil Me

It's not quite agony, but my shoulder blade hurts (right side, in the trapezius).  I put some dual action A535 on it.

I hope it's ok to walk around smelling like a medicine cabinet.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Yesterday, I must of hit a nerve in my leg, walked like I had a peg leg.  It was sad.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

HOT TUB !!!  That's my 'cure-all' for all aches and pains.  Plus you sleep like a baby after a nice hot tubby.

Sportsdude

Yeah Hot tubs are good, although I don't know why I see people go from the hot tub to the pool right after. It doesn't make sense. You go to the hot tub to get out the aches, then jump into a pool where the temp is much colder and you will all of a sudden tighten up again. do'h.

They call it "Icy Hot" for a reason. lol

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

That guy looks like he's losing. Pain, loss of teeth, and a loss.  

P.C.

My agony is the degree of frustration in all things service related.  I am constantly amazed at how difficult it is to get good service...so much so, that I annoy myself for letting it be an issue.

Today I packed 6 tons of tiles in my car while burly men sauntered by.  I couldn't help but be reminded, that if I were younger and cuter, I wouldn't have had to break a sweat.  Now I know that's a little sexist, yet in spite of being an independant person with such things, it still kinda annoyed me.  But to back it up a minute.....why aren't they asking as you are going through the checkout if you will be needing any help (instead of relying on the kindness of strangers)  You drop a thousand bucks in their pockets, and nadda.  [img onclick="selecte('eh.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/eh.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

I'd of helped.  

P.C.

Thanks SD....I know you would have. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

Aw.  Was it Home Depot?  I know it was HD....HD sucks for customer service.

Mr LM nearly got in a fistfight once with the HD manager.  But I digress...

Our neighbourhood lumberyard is #1 for customer service.

Too bad they only sell paint, lighbulbs and lumber...
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein