The Etiquette and Decorous Comportment Thread

Started by Gopher, Jul 11 08 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

lol but that sounds difficult to do...  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

I am reliably  informed by sources at Buckingham Palace that it takes years of practice.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

How do you politely tell someone that the Christmas present they send you year after year is something you don't like? My own fault, as when they sent it the first time I expressed appreication.  

P.C.

How do you politely tell someone that the Christmas present they send you year after year is something you don't like? My own fault, as when they sent it the first time I expressed appreication.  

I don't think I would.  Perhaps you know of a recipient that might appreciate it? Or you could re-gift it....or pass it on to a seniors home or something of the like?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Let me guess..is it a fruitcake?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

omg, lol.  My thoughts exactly.   We got one, that we used as a door-stop for years.  

purelife

Lil Me

lol I think so.
 My mom bakes a ton of fruitcake every Nov, soaks it in booze and gives it away at Xmas.  It costs a bloody fortune to make it these days (brandy, rum, fruits, nuts, cement) so she gives it away pretty carefully- to dedicated fruicake fans only (I'm not one of them!).  British people love it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

ummm i'm not British but my parents are and i like fruit cake but neither of my parents do...

however the whole family loves mincemeat pies and the Christmas puddings yummy... those always dissapeared fast...

if it is a fruit cake and gopher doesn't want his... i will accept it gladly and will probably enjoy every last bite...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I remember my mom making fruitcakes as well.  Ick ick ick.  

Ick.

Orik

whats wrong with fruit cakes ?  i just dont understand

why do so many people hate them so much ?

I fail to see it... i find them delicious (most of the time. i grant you i have had bad ones b4 not everyone can bake well) . i'm not a big fan of the ones with nuts but most of the vanilla ones with lemon icing and all the mixed fruits inside are fantastically yummy ...

so please explain to me why are they Ick or as some others say gross or ( *sick* )

P.C.

so please explain to me why are they Ick or as some others say gross or ( *sick* )

I think they are all of the above. Ick, gross and *sick*.  

I would say that my dislike of fruitcake goes beyond dislike.  It's bordering on a phobia.  Ya....that's it....fruitacakeaphobia.  It also goes beyond the icky taste....it doesn't even look attractive.

It's the texture of all that weird candied fruit that bears no resemblance to any fruit that is of this world.  Did I mention that it's gross ?

I have a recipe for a less expensive 'no bake' fruitcake, that will save you time and money, and possibly the loss of a few friends.  Skip the fruit, don't bother with the flour and butter, drink the rum and call it a day.

Ick.

Gopher

It wasn''t fruitcake, I would definitely NOT have sent that back.  

Lil Me

Was it aftershave?  I think you mentionned last year that someone gave you aftershave...but you have a beard and no need for aftershave?  

|