The Etiquette and Decorous Comportment Thread

Started by Gopher, Jul 11 08 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Here it is! Post all those questions concerning those propieties  of correct behaviour that you've ever wondered about and no doubt someone will make a helpful comment.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

ShyT

Somewhere on the board I read that it was common to wear diamonds during the day, does this also apply to emeralds?

P.C.

lol.  Are you swimming in emeralds ShyT ?  I think you can wear them whenever you like...as long as you are respectful of the situation.  For instance, going to a charity function to raise money for the homeless, while dripping in diamonds might be considered poor taste and highly hypocritical whether it's the day time or the evening. (emeralds too)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ShyT

I'm truly thankful for this information, you have saved me considerable embarrassment.

Lil Me

Is it unbecoming for a woman to run around sans brassiere, if there is an outline of  "headlights" showing through a t-shirt?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

Only if it is a great-great grandmother!
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Ok.  Will tell the elderly relatives to wear foundation garments and will ask the advice of a woman next time.  Mr Saw- better stop looking at the shirts before you get in trouble!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Lil Me wrote:
 Is it unbecoming for a woman to run around sans brassiere, if there is an outline of  "headlights" showing through a t-shirt? [FONT color=#0000bf]................[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]In posing this question, you give evidence of being a lady not only of great delicacy, but also of  no inconsiderable refinement.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]Be of good cheer! 'Headlights' indicates that you only pursue your activity in periods of extremely diminished visibility and that rather than titillating voyeuristic observers in a manner which could rightly be considered unladylike, you err on the side of respectibility. You can therefore  take comfort in the knowledge that no matter the keen-sightedness of your supposed observers,  their eyes will be transfixed focused solely on the beams of your lights...and your own gracious self  be entirely unseen.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]YOU ARE WELL WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF DECORUM.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]Should you require a deeper, more considered,  analytical answer to your query, the posting of a personal photograph illustrating the the details of your concern would be of great assistance.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]I'm sure we all look forward to it.[/FONT]

Lil Me

Gopher wrote:
 [FONT color=#0000bf]Should you require a deeper, more considered,  analytical answer to your query, the posting of a personal photograph illustrating the the details of your concern would be of great assistance.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]--[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]Uh, no.[/FONT]

Gopher

I have received an invitation to a posh event. At the bottom of the card it states 'Dress Optional'. Does this mean I can go naked if I wish?

Sawdust

Yes you can.

(However I wouldn't wait by the mailbox for more invitations.)
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Lil Me

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|