Americans most hated foods.. blueberries, eggs, tuna, maple syrup? huh?

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 24 08 01:27

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Whatever you do, don't get Brunswick Michel.  They're cheap, but they're gross. They'll turn you off for sure.

The country market here that I go to has sardines in a round can.  I think they are call Riga Sprats (?)  They are smoked sardines and have a lovely flavour.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Ha !  I just looked them up and I found them.  They are Riga Sprats.

[img height=200 alt="RIGA SPRATS" hspace=0 src="http://www.russianfoods.com/showroom/product01407/vendor003E7/pimages/111B001.jpg" width=300 border=0]

Russ

What ever are you talking of PC and PL? I absolutely adore cheesecake and sardines.. they taste like something my dog would love!

Miss PL is correct however.. the cheesecake that PC had WAS better than what I remember cheesecake being.. however cheese and cake Im sure is illegal in one of those wonderful ex CCCP countries.

Im more suceptible (sp?) to eating sardines if they are in tomato sauce then if they are in oil.

You are correct on the sardines Michel.. they are bigger and sweeter here. Although theres lots less then there used to be when I was younger fishing.. sad really.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

lol Russ.  Well you were a very brave boy to eat something you don't like....I wish I could be as gracious.  I would have to come up with a ludicrous story so that I could leave, if I saw zucchini on my plate....I just couldn't do it.  I have a friend who plays this game of hiding things she knows you don't like,  in a recipe.  Then she waits.  Then when the time is right, and you mention that you don't like something.....like....say zucchini.....she'll pounce.  "Well you didn't seem to mind it when you had it the way [FONT size=4]I[/FONT] cooked it" she'll say.   LOL

*Michel.....try the Cloverleaf brand.  Reasonable price and yummy and tender.  

Lise

I'm with PC there. Cloverleaf is definitely the way to go though it took me a long time to actually bite into one because I'm not used to seeing a whole fish in a can before.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I guess you don't like fried zuchinni then, PC?  Or zuchinni and walnut muffins?  

You know what I enjoy doing?  Getting people loving foods they haven't tried.  For example, I introduced Starbucks fraps, pho, cheesecake, tuxedo cake etc and he loves them!   It's difficult to get him eating sardines though....

Van

I can't eat sardines out of a can like oysters. But I like sardines on my pizza! *SLURRP*
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

I eat my sardines out of the can in front of the sink in case I drip.  yummeee...

You like sardines for real, Van?  You are one of the few on here who likes 'em naked.

Gopher

I like 'em naked as well - incidentally I've just scoffed a tin of mackerels.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I like em nekkid too.....and I just had me some sardines.   Out of the can, and not over the sink. I feel Wreckless.    

Gopher

No doubt you're thinking of Wreck Beach again. Don't you mean reckless?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Yes.....nekkid and Wreck Beach go hand in hand....no?

Truth be known, I misspelled.  I actually wrote reckless first, then I 'corrected' myself.  I feel so common.

wreckless

[OL] [LI][SPAN class=use-with-mention]Common misspelling of [SPAN class=mention][A title=reckless href="http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reckless"]reckless[/A][/SPAN].[/SPAN] [/LI][/OL]

|