Americans most hated foods.. blueberries, eggs, tuna, maple syrup? huh?

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 24 08 01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Pea soup is on the list??

Guess they never tried the real thing? Sad.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

Hey okra is wonderful!!! With all its ickiness and slimness, it's da bomb!

I hate gelatine too. Animal congealing fats..... yuck. We avoid gelatine if we can help it because it comes mostly from pig. Which means NO to marshmallows, some yogurts, some ganola bars, cheesecakes, cakes with mousse - the list is endless. You wouldn't think that gelatine goes into them but they sadly they do.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Gelatin in cheesecake ?  I can't even imagine why the need for gelatin in cheesecake.  None of my recipes call for it, so that must be store-bought stuff ?      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

The cheesecake I eat has jello powder in it.  It's one of the jello "no bake" cheesecakes.
 Unfortunately, the real cheesecake has egg in it, so I can't go there.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Weird, my great, wonderful, awesome, American, parochial education told me Gelatin was from Horses. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

sardines are not on the list.  Many ppl I know hate sardines.  It's another "hate" or "love" relationship.

Sportsdude

Van wrote:
 ^We need more Americans on DS to call your BS.[/DIV]
 Seriously, that was a sarcastic joke.

Russ

purelife wrote:
sardines are not on the list.  Many ppl I know hate sardines.  It's another "hate" or "love" relationship.

I KNOW how much you hate sardines :)

Im glad you are a convert on this :) :)

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Lise

That's the thing with gelatin, you don't know what part of the animal it's from. It is usually from pigs (the cheapest) and cows. Not usually horses but then again you never know. Kosher gelatin usually come from fish so we can eat them. We don't eat it because of the associated risk with pigs.

Lil Me is right about the no baked cheesecake. More often than not we find gelatin in them but we can't afford the luxury of eating a baked cheesecake either. The only time we eat cheesecake is if I baked them from scratch.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Wow, didn't know this, there's such a thing about baked cheese cake?  

|