How to Spend Your Climate Action Dividend?

Started by Lil Me, Jun 22 08 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I think we as a society don't have pride in much of anything anymore. Part of the culture now, people don't value a job for example, because we're all drifters now, we can freely move from one job to another. We don't have 'identification' anymore. We like new things, (bridges, boats, tvs, computers) but do we rarely ever keep something long? Hardly. Something new comes out we replace it. Materialism mixed with short attention spans. Like the Minnesota bridge collapse or a new arena or stadium for a sports team. If its old (something more then a decade old), its no good, get rid of.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Wow, indeed this is a lot !!! Ridiculous, if they lower the price, they would sure get more visitors, this would help the island.

True Michel......and not only for the benefit of tourism.  Residents with family (on either side) would likely use it more regularly if the fare were reasonable.  I would probably visit far more often....I have family on the mainland.....and they would do the same. I could easily see myself visiting 10 times more than I do.....and I know a ton of people with the same thoughts.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Doesn't matter to me what the ferry is, still get a kick out of taking them. Then again, I like all non-car transportation. Get to act like a kid thinking to myself "Look at me, I'm taking a ferry, holy cow this is awesome."

That novelty would wear off rather quickly I'm afraid.  When it becomes the means to connect with family that are no more than a couple hours away, but it costs half a months mortgage payment, then it's not so awesome.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah I understand that problem.
 The Island is becoming its own province, people imprisoned by ferry costs stay on the Island, costs prohibit normal folk from visiting. The Canadian Hawaii.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

Why do you need a recycling bin?  What will you be using it for?

I know the City gives away those blue bins for households to use for Recycling day and then I see them for sale...(can't remember where I've seen them)

purelife

I know that Costco sells a laundry sorter.  

You could get bins from Superstore.  They are about $4.

purelife

LOL beggers can't be choosers and..... ;)

Lil Me

Ikea has stacking recycling bins.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

And... I think that BC Ferries should either be FREE or damn cheap for walk-on passengers and cyclists.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|