How to Spend Your Climate Action Dividend?

Started by Lil Me, Jun 22 08 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

And cheaper.  Once you get a sandwich, a drink, some fries, etc...you've suddenly spent $15.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

P.C. you didn't go from Duke Point did you? Those boats are 50 years old.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Nope......Departure Bay.  And they're all ancient tubs. (well, except for the new one....that I missed)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sawdust

Don't talk to me about missed ferries!!! I went to catch the 6:20 am ferry last week so I could get in a full day and see the new ferry. My ticket stamp was 6:16, 1 minute late for the boat. Grrrrrrr.

ps. The Buffets are only on the Spirit class boats between Victoria & Van.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Ah so you missed the cruise ship that already had graffiti on it (when I took it) lol.
Well if you think the soon to be replaced ferries are bad, you didn't take the ones that were commissioned in the 50s.

Apparently in order to restart to my BC Med, I've got to go back to the government building I 'suspended' it. So that means a ferry trip! woot, bring back old times.

Sawdust

Sportsdude wrote:

Ah so you missed the cruise ship that already had graffiti on it (when I took it) lol.
Well if you think the soon to be replaced ferries are bad, you didn't take the ones that were commissioned in the 50s.

I have no problem with them advertising that we are hosts to the world in 2010, and we have lived on the island longer than you have been alive so I think we have seen, sailed and suffered on all the shitcans BC Ferries has put afloat.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Well, I took the 50s ferry once, thought it was depressing. That's all, but I found it cool at the same time, its 'oldness'. The "graffiti" was not the Olympic stuff, I'm not anti-olympics or pro-olympics (although Nanaimo's Olympic screen is a bit silly) although everybody at home thinks its cool and gets jealous. Somebody wrote/sprayed on the viewing deck.    

Sawdust

Oh, I've never seen one with actual graffitti, but some of the stuff the kids do is amazing, really artistic and creative. I agree Michel, we spent $250 for us to go over to the mainland, not a cost you incur on a whim.

RUST

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ke[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]buc[/TD] [TD]t[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=" " name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

P.C.

Maybe not....but I still recognize a filthy tub when I see one.  I don't 'think' the B.C. Ferries are in a bad state of repair.....I KNOW they are in a bad state of repair.  And the lack of pride in the fleet is blaringly apparent.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yeah. Brings me back to my Nanaimo days when 4 of us would on a friday night, spontaneously take the last ferry to Vancouver. "Last ferry to Freedom" hahaha

Doesn't matter to me what the ferry is, still get a kick out of taking them. Then again, I like all non-car transportation. Get to act like a kid thinking to myself "Look at me, I'm taking a ferry, holy cow this is awesome."

Get the same feeling with skytrain. lol

|