How to Spend Your Climate Action Dividend?

Started by Lil Me, Jun 22 08 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic
|

dgfan

spent it on beer and 30 bucks in the gas tank actually.

Sportsdude

Got my bike money. So I'm set.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I spent mine on an ocean cruise to Vancouver on the Queen of Much Needed Repair.   What a sad state those ferry's are in.  The washroom was repulsive.  I remember a time, that during any trip, there was always ongoing maintanence.....fresh paint on the railings, swabbing the poop deck.........Now?....nothing.

I wonder if someone shouldn't familiarize them with the concept that, sometimes to MAKE money...you have to LOWER the prices.  The trip on the way over was filled to only 22% capacity.  That is insane during the summer months.  Granted, travelling in general is down with the cost of fuel, but that is just wrong.  I know I would use the ferries more often if the price were reasonable.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I will always prefer to have safety, cleanliness, respect of the users and efficiency before profits. For what I remember, the ferry were not frequent enough, very expensive compare to the rest of Canada and food was just terrible.

I agree Michel....and it once was.  The ferries (a long time ago) used to be every hour on the hour.  Always.  Extra sailings on holidays and during the summer.  They were clean, the staff was friendly, the food was good.  Now it costs 5 times as much, and none of those things are present.

It took 2 hours and 10 minutes for my trip over.....it's supposed to an hour and 35 minutes.  We sat out in the bay for 20 minutes as the captain explained that they were cleaning the dock.  What the.....!!!!!!  TIMING PEOPLE....TIMING !!!!  

Lil Me

Did you eat a Sunshine Breakfast with coffee that tastes like metal urn?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh God no.  I usually read in my car.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Did you eat a Sunshine Breakfast with coffee that tastes like metal urn?  
   You are just jealous cause you havent had one in a while!

EDIT: sorry if some of my messages lately are messed up.. I got a new laptop the other day and some of the buttons are in different places.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

I stick with the soup.  Manhattan clam, beef barley or navy bean.
 Mind you, the Buffet on the Schwartz Bay run is ok.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Buffet is good.. its also quiet in there which i like. I hate it when Im seated in there and a family comes in with screaming kids that run all over the place.. Usually next to me. Not that its not allowed or anything.. everyone was a kid at one time or another. I just seem to get them beside me. lol.

i find I usually wait until halfway through the ride before going into the meal lineup otherwise I do get swamped in a huge lineup.

Starfishie and myself do like what you do PC.. we stay down in the vehicle reading or playing crib.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I always bring a blanky and a pillow.....hit the full recline on my seat and read.  It's too icky up on deck.....except this trip I couldn't recline.  Tile cutters, sink, tiles, chop saws, bar stools..........were in the way of a good comfort.

Although we did go up AND EAT last night, as it would have been so late by the time we got home.  I had dined on take-out for 10 days and was looking for something more.....food-like.  Wrong place to do it.  Tonight we DINE.  

Lil Me

Aw P.C.  Happy dining today!!!

I love the outside deck in the summer.
 In the other 3 seasons, I read on the "icky" vinyl seats.

|