How to Spend Your Climate Action Dividend?

Started by Lil Me, Jun 22 08 10:19

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

[FONT face=Verdana size=4]A  [/FONT][A href="http://www.tinyurl.com/4ola36"][FONT style="COLOR: rgb(0,63,204)" face=Verdana color=#003fcc size=4]low flow showerhead[/FONT][/A][FONT face=Verdana size=4], that will save water and power.  ($12)[/FONT]

Low flow sufferer.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I got a T2 form. So I don't know... I'm not counting on it, but it would be cool if I got one. I could get a sweet bike.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Starting in late June 2008, the dividend will be mailed automatically to every eligible adult who has filed either a 2006 or 2007 personal income tax return for British Columbia.

Don't you have to have had a job in BC to file a personal income tax return ?  No offense SD, but I think I'd almost be a little PO'd if you WERE eligible.

Sportsdude

Well it says on the website you don't have to be a Canadian citizen. I have a Canadian address and the Federal government considers me a resident.

P.C.

Did you work here and earn an income and pay income TAX ?  

Sportsdude

Yeah, I only did federal stuff not BC.
Doesn't matter anyway, I'd find away to not spend it. I don't understand the need for 'tax breaks' especially where I come from are usually geared toward only to the wealthy and a call to cut essential services for normal people. I just see them as a gimmick for vote buying on the working class when these 'tax breaks' don't help the overall majority of the country.

P.C.

Yeah, I only did federal stuff not BC.

And what 'Federal' job did you do here ?  What 'any' job did you do when you were here ?  

Sportsdude

I got the federal stuff because I go to a post secondary institution in Canada. They give it to everyone who goes to something past secondary school. T2202A Tax Form  

Sportsdude

P.C.

So you didn't really answer my question.

Did you work here and earn an income and pay income TAX ?

That is the only way you would be eligible for this dividend.

|