My favourite thing(s) about autumn is/are....

Started by Lil Me, Oct 28 08 05:38

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I interpret a 'romanticised version of things', as what, influences like Hallmark, Norman Rockwell, poetry and old movies would make us believe they are....as opposed to the reality of what they are.  Like how some families do nothing but squabble and fight at Thanksgiving, for example, but would say, that it's a wonderful time for families to come together and spend quality time.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Didn't someone say that soup is good for the soul? I like coming back after a long day of work to a good and hearty bowl of soup.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

You can smell...and see the snowboard season is getting closer. Adrenaline starts pumping. Just hoping for a good season.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

lol Van you and my roommate both. He's been counting the days til Whistler opens.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I agree with Lil Me about the transition to root veggies and home-cooked comfort food.

In the summer, I bake less (too hot to turn on oven) and cook less.  I eat more fresh fruits/veggies/salads etc in the summer and now, I enjoy soups, casseroles, pastas, etc.

Lil Me

There is flav eggnog (choices: candy cane or vanilla?) at the StupidStore.  About $2.50/L sold on the shelf in a bottle.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
There is flav eggnog (choices: candy cane or vanilla?) at the StupidStore.  About $2.50/L sold on the shelf in a bottle.  

So its about 5 bucks for a 2L carton? I just bought 10 cartons of the 2L variety from Costco, for like 3.85 each.
The whole house is filled with those fake spiderwebs and red lights.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims