Suckers

Started by TehBorken, Jun 15 08 01:51

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font face="Verdana" size="2"]Those buttwipes at Denon are selling 1.5 meters of ordinary CAT-5 cable for $500:

[/font][font face="Verdana" size="2"][a href="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000I1X6PM/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending"]AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable[/a]

[/font][font face="Verdana" size="2"]It's their special "AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable". This is simply a sucker-toy for deluded audiophiles to waste their money on.  The cables are worthless, but the reviews on Amazon are priceless!. Here are a few of them:

==============================================

By  Jeffrey A. Poulin
 The Denon AKDL1 is absolutely the best CAT5 cable I have ever used, bar none. Since it's an audio cable (NB: it's not for computers!!!), I plugged it into my voice over IP phone and now the voice quality is incredibly clear!! No more dropouts, echos, or any other audio quality problems. I couldn't believe a cable could make so much difference, so I connected a cable tester to it and saw that it rendered the 0s and 1s perfectly. I'm even getting some 2s and 3s!!! None of my other ethernet cables have ever done that. I only wish this cable would come in 15,000m lengths so I could connect my VoIP phone directly to my office for faster speeds (I speak very quickly, so I need the extra throughput). However, at the current cost per cm, that would run about $5 million. I'm not sure I could afford that even though I'm sure the voice quality would be awesome.

By  L. Laregina
 Potential warning to other users:
 I made the mistake of taunting the AKDL1.
 As a result, these cables have cleaned out my checking account, fired me from my job, tainted my daughter and emailed scandalous photos of my wife to family and friends.

I am a battered shell of a man.

Though, I must admit, I do appreciate the crisp highs and thundering lows.

By  Momo the Barbarian
 I wish that I could give this product the full five stars. Based on its ability to enhance the musical, spatial, temporal and spiritual qualities of any recording, it is worth many multiples of the reasonable asking price. Unfortunately, Denon does not provide the necessary warning regarding the directionality of the cable. As I write this email, a small black hole is tearing through the space time fabric of my living room, consuming everything in its path (including my former pet Chihuahua, Wolfgang). A simple warning to prevent me from having reverse cabled my new joy for experimental reasons would have also spared me the horror of bidding adieu to 20 years woth of collecting (yes my cabbage patch dolls and hummel figurines are now faint memories of the past, for this dimension anyway). I bid you all adieu as I now see my walls dissolving... goodbye cruel worl

By     M. Mckinnie
 You people are crazy. Listen to your ears (they are the things under your hair). I was going to buy the monster cable rca cables for my quadrophonic speaker setup & 8-track deck - until I saw these. For significantly less than I was willing to spend, I gained four twisted pairs of this high-intensity wire. So I stripped the cat5 connector off, and soldered on regular rca plugs. Yes! Air Supply has rarely sounded so sweet! Sure, it seems a little dumb for network cable, but do what I did - it's super thrifty and cheap! The ladies will never notice the difference, I promise. The only thing I might do to make it even better in the future: when I hooked it up to an o-scope, the signal made all these sine-wave looking things - I think I might set up some kind of circuit to cut this down to a straight horizontal line, and truly experience the ultimate sonic bliss that is unadultured DC power!

By     Edward Kaminski
 As a member of the board of a certain marketing firm hired to promote a certain digital cable, I'd like to clear up a few misconceptions.

First of all, to you people talking about "zeros and ones", and "on and offs". Are you insane? I hate to burst your bubble, but music is comprised of something called "notes", often organized into "chords", and expressed by playing "instruments", and singing "vocals". Numbers are for counting.

You may be interested to know that this entire project began because we were searching for a way to get "Hootie and the Blowfish" to sound better. We spent untold hours and hours downloading and playing this band through several vehicles, only to find that this inevitably resulted in an unnatural urge to hit ourselves in the head with a hammer, over and over again. This is called "Market Research".

Finally, when we were forced to agree that there was no technology on earth that could make "Hootie and the Blowfish" sound better, we resorted to a complicated marketing strategy called "Let's make it more expensive". And then someone raised their hand, and said,"Let's make it WAY more expensive". And that person is our new Vice President.

So we did, and do you know what? Listening to "Hootie and the Blowfish" through our cable actually does make the band sound better now. And do you know why?

Because even that is better than saying you wasted $500.00 on a cable.

By     Graham Adams
 $500 is really ripping off Dennon, these cables are worth 5x that much...yep thats right, $1500!!! If you believe these other readers that its all just "1" and "0" then I suggest you go back and read your bible. Each one of these cables is blessed in the blood of a dead pope. I hooked it up to my Daewoo surround sound (that's right surround like the movie theater) system that I got at Walmart and it sounds like a there is a symphony in my pedophile listening room. When I listen to Chris Daughtry or Creed with this cable I can truly feel the pain and anguish that they must feel getting up every morning and realize they are Chris Daughtry and Creed. This cable is so good that it brought my dead mother back to life when I played Skynard. I give this cable 6 out of 5 stars.

By     E. Haubrich
 I have got to tell you, this cable really surprised me. The sound quality is truly amazing.

You should have heard the amazing ultra-low frequency rumble and high frequency scream that was emitted from my ex-girlfriend when she found out that I jacked her PayPal account and ordered 2 of these for her next door neighbor.

By     Jeffery A. Chabotte
 A coworker had recently bragged to me about buying these cables, and when i told him what he was really buying, he was shocked.

He hadn't shown up to work for the last couple days and the boss got in this morning, he said that the guy's wife "found him in the garage, hanging by a noose made of some sort of speaker wires he had just purchased".

R.I.P. - Frank Grimes.

I guess these cables are pretty rugged.

==============================================[/font]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.