Lost and Found

Started by purelife, Jun 05 08 11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

What were some possessions that you have lost and some things you have found?

(I hope we don't have this topic...apologies if we do...)

Gopher

I've lost my heart several times and surprisingly found friendship even more.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Lost my wallet a couple times on the bus and got it back through BC Transit Lost & Found.

Lost a contact lens playing bball in HS.  Miraculously, I found it on the gym floor after class and it was still intact.

Lost my watch last weekend and my dad found it somewhere in his place.

I lose my mind on a daily basis.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I lose everything
Right now I don't know where my cd's went. I've been looking for them since I came home. Couldn't find it.
Seventh Seal was missing from its case, but it was down in the basement.
My NHL '08 game disappeared but I think somebody stole it.
I have to put my wallet and keys in a cupboard container or I'll lose track of it.
I don't know where my cell phone is at the moment, saw it a second ago.
Oh good its in my pocket. phew.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I purposely lost my watch once.  I just dropped it behind my mom's bed but she found it.  I wanted her to buy me a new one.  

I lost this gold chain necklace with a buddha that my mom gave me for my 16th bday.  

I've lost my bike before.  Actually, it was stolen a couple of times because these bigger kids thought it was funny to steal my bike and make me retrieve it. :(

Sportsdude

damn kids
poor buddha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I found a bag of 10lbs potatoes sitting under a shopping cart in Save On Foods once.  I don't remember what I did with it.    

Lil Me

Hey!  I've found potatoes in the parking lot as well!!!!

I found a Susan Aglukark cassette tape many years ago- with O Siem on it.  Listened to it for years.

I've found great stuff in the dumpsters as well.  But that deserves a whole other thread!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Do you have a microwave?  (or does Skeptic Cat think microwaves are part of an evil plot...)

Pretty easy to cook a potato in the microwave.  Rinse, poke with a fork and nuke for 5mins.

purelife

Oh, you could totally put your dumpster findings here.  :)    

Lil Me

Dumpster Findings-

tons of bottles and cans to return for deposit
 tons of wine bottles to use for my own bottling
 planters
 books
 my computer desk

purelife

I once found a nice coat hanging on the bench at night.  I actually took it, dry cleaned it and wore it.  I was VERY poor at that time so that was a very nice finding.      

purelife

Those are good free findings!  :)

Once, I came across someone giving away free couches and computer table.  I picked up the free leather couch and the computer table and somebody else picked up a whole set of couches/love seats.  That was really cool.

Lil Me

My father-in-law took some butcher knives and a sharpening stone from the dumpster in behind a slaughterhouse.

No joke.  But this is a man who will back-up 50ft for a broken bungie cord.