Summer 2008 fun!

Started by Van, May 30 08 09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be you summer 2008 #1 highlight?

Working my a*s off!
2 (16.7%)
Sitting at home
1 (8.3%)
Suntanning on a beach
1 (8.3%)
Road trip/Traveling
3 (25%)
At da club
0 (0%)
Camping
2 (16.7%)
Other
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Van

I know most will have a combo of the options, but I am looking for your #1.

For me, a road trip through Western USA.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Working my a** off is my number 1 but it wouldn't be my first choice, that's for sure.

My choice would be being at home and/or hitting the various parks/beaches.

Lil Me

Camping for sure.
 Gimme sunshine.  Gimme lake.  Gimme my big red cooler.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Working my ass off and sitting at home. We're not going to do much this summer. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

working my ass off to continue to save for my 2010 trip to the philipines sighs sure not my first choice either i would raher be fishing... which is a choice ur forgot on ur poll :))

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Van

^sorry Orik. But that could have been a choice made under 'other'.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Only place I might go this summer is down to Florida to visit the matriarch since I'm the only grandkid that calls her.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

What part of Florida? That would be a hot place in the summer.

Sportsdude

Sarasota and Siesta Key best public beach in the U.S.
 Be one with the Manatees!
 Oma lives there. Only place in Florida I like, the island of Siesta Key is awesome. Its a great village of about 7k.
 [a href="http://www.nytimes.com/ref/greathomesanddestinations/GH-swflorida.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/ref/greathomesanddestinations/GH-swflorida.html[/a]

Everybody goes to Miami (its not a relaxing place) or Panama City (which is a dump northern florida is a dump, full of self identified red necks lol) you'll have a better time in the Sarasota area. Not a lot of tourists and more things to do (snorkeling, manatees, etc).

So there's my 'if you want to go to Florida go here' suggestion.
 [a href="http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F01E2D81031F932A15750C0A9659C8B63"]http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F01E2D81031F932A15750C0A9659C8B63[/a]

Siesta Key

Van

I have been to Miami (and Miami Beach). I was there in mid winter and the weather was perfect. I wasn't there to relax though. I was there to party my a*s off. and I did! That was a few years ago. Ahh, so many girls there! Was nice to leave too. Couldn't imagine living there. But that is just me. I would love to just visit busy cities, but not actually live in one.  After 5 days in Miami, Vancouver seemed so sleepy. But that is not always a bad thing!

Sportsdude

Ah yeah. If you're into partying then you'd go there obviously.

For the life in me I don't understand Orlando. Its a waste of space in my opinion and its flat and ugly.

purelife

Oh OH!  MrPL is going to buy himself and myself (was that good grammar?) bikes!  I can't wait!  He is dying to go bike riding.  Me thinks we're going to go all summer long.

Lil Me

Sounds like fun times, purelife.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

Ah! Michel's a Key's kinda guy? Spend enough time down on the keys, you'll become friends with Jimmy Buffet.