Minor League Pitcher Traded for 10 Bats

Started by Lil Me, May 26 08 09:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Poor Guy :(
 [/p]
 McALLEN, Texas - During three years in the low minors, John Odom never really made a name for himself until he got traded for a bunch of bats.[/p]  "I don't really care," he said Friday. "It'll make a better story if I make it to the big leagues."[/p]  For now, Odom is headed to the Laredo Broncos of the United League. They got him Tuesday from the Calgary Vipers of the Golden Baseball League for a most unlikely price: 10 Prairie Sticks Maple Bats, double-dipped black, 34-inch, C243 style.

"They just wanted some bats, good bats - maple bats," Broncos general manager Jose Melendez said. According to the Prairie Sticks Web site, their maple bats retail for $69 each, discounted to $65.50 for purchases of six to 11 bats.[/p] Full Story:
 [a href="http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2008/05/23/20080523minor-ON.html"]http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2008/05/23/20080523minor-ON.html[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol. Funny.
Happens all the time though, especially in baseball.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

10 Prairie Sticks Maple Bats, double-dipped black, 34-inch, C243 style     Mmmmmm.............. for some reason that sounds kinda dirty.........
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

van_guy

Lise wrote:
[em]10 Prairie Sticks Maple Bats, double-dipped black, 34-inch, C243 style[/em]  

Mmmmmm.............. for some reason that sounds kinda dirty.........

I think Lise might need some of this ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

lol. Trying to get back on topic last year some pitcher was traded for 60 cases of Bud. lol  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

lol. Trying to get back on topic last year some pitcher was traded for 60 cases of Bud. lol  

....and now for only 10 La Bats.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

P.C. wrote:

....and now for only 10 La Bats. [/DIV]
 [FONT color=#ff0000].................[/FONT]

[FONT color=#ff0000]Well, there you go - that's depreciation for you.[/FONT]
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

P.C.

I ALL tastes like tractor gas to me.

Sportsdude

Speaking of beer. The a local liquor super store sells Unibroue  

P.C.

[img style="WIDTH: 373px; HEIGHT: 262px" height=326 src="http://www.moodeaf.com/BizarreDepictions/Unibrow.jpg" width=444].

purelife