Apparently I got accepted to UBC, how?

Started by Sportsdude, May 25 08 11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

My profile on UBC's site:
You were offered admission on May 22, 2008. A letter advising you of this decision, which includes registration information, has been mailed to you. So that we may confirm our offer of admission, you must submit your final official transcript when available.

That's from UBC. What does that mean? I don't understand, how is this possible. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I guess they just wanna make sure? Send in your requirements (again) and registration form.

Or possibly a letter of your naked self. That might help.......... or not.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

I don't really get the question??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

He applied.....they said OK. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I think he was surprised that he got in.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Or maybe they're short on professors.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

In a Quandry

Sportsdude Wrote:

Well then I'd like to give a big F-U to elistist UBC.

Van

^LOL! I remember that.

Maybe sports is surprised he got accepted after giving such a Big-F-U?

UBC is a beautiful place!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Still hasn't sunk in yet. Give it a week. Not until the registration stuff ends up in Missouri (its being sent to Nanaimo and has to be redirected).  

purelife

It looks like it's their way of saying "Thanks, we have received your application.  Until we receive your final transcripts, we will give you our final acceptance (yay or nay)."

I wouldn't get too too excited though.  The rest is up to you and your final grades.

Sportsdude

I thought that way too, but they're sending out a letter of acceptance to me. So what does that mean? I've sent in my final transcripts. Honestly I don't get it, my grades aren't 'UBC' like. Yeah my High School stuff is high, but I messed up on the second semester. Which is why I don't get it. I don't feel like I deserve it, that I'm taking somebody elses place. ugh Got to stop thinking like that.  

Sportsdude

Well now I feel silly. I looked at the averages for acceptance in the Faculty of Arts and I meet those. I'm a silly goose.  

JJ

People I've known have found it easier to get into UBC the second or third year after going to college rather then straight out of high school. Congrats!

Van

Faculty of Arts? I thought you were into Urban Planning?