Einstein: Belief in God is 'childish'

Started by Sportsdude, May 13 08 02:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[a href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080513/world/britain_religion_science_jews_einstein" target="_blank"]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080513/worl...e_jews_einstein[/a]

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people".

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions," he said.

"And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people."

And he added: "As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Maybe God thinks Eintstein was childish?

"Theory or Relativity!!!?? Is that the best you can do??"
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

van_guy

Van wrote:
Maybe God thinks Eintstein was childish?
"Theory or Relativity!!!?? Is that the best you can do??"

I was walking home from university one day and this little kid was in tears on the side of the road...
his chain had jumped of the sprocket of his bike
i said hi and asked if he would like some help ...
10 seconds later i had him smiling back on his way.

I often think that is much the way God must see us ... much like the way I saw that little kid.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Gopher

Yes, AND he has a sense of humour!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
Yes, AND he has a sense of humour!
All I have to do to prove that one is to look in the mirror.  

P.C.

^^ So not true.

[img id=BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5063342473353966306 style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; CURSOR: hand; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="http://bp2.blogger.com/_12fB4WiqgtM/RkSbJxxpMuI/AAAAAAAAAhM/nSqTyDGKe0k/s400/message,+church.bmp" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
^^ So not true.

[img id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5063342473353966306" style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center;" alt="" src="http://bp2.blogger.com/_12fB4WiqgtM/RkSbJxxpMuI/AAAAAAAAAhM/nSqTyDGKe0k/s400/message,+church.bmp" border="0"]
Are they referring to what i think they are referring to????  or am i just a perv?

P.C.

Well if you're a perv, I'm a perv.  

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Well if you're a perv, I'm a perv.  

Excellent - I hate being the lone perv .... always better as a pair.

P.C.

Positively a perverted pair of pervs.  

stretchedout

Sex is not perverted.  Having sex with children or animals is perverted.

C'mon, the city is sleeping!

van_guy

stretchedout wrote:
Sex is not perverted.  Having sex with children or animals is perverted.

Agreed, I was just referring to myself as thinking that EVERYTHING has to do with sex.
Appaerntly in this case my spidey senses were correct.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]se[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]hot[/td][td]x[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="a77f6bec5a419c11493e4a0c3a354ab2" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]