Help with Chinese

Started by Sportsdude, May 20 08 02:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Probably not very edible.  Even with dill and lemon.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
 They might be ok for dry subjects, with no sensibilities in it. Business transaction and administrative purpose for example, but for the rest, it can brings lots of confusion. I have used those in English, Frecnh, Mandarin and Spanish, and it's just silly what you'll get. You even get sometine the total opposite of what you wrote.  

OK does anyone else find it funny that Michel mispelled "french"
you\re right Michel i just use it to get the jist of the note - i wouldn't use it for anything technical or official

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
lol well it should be called français my friend. I defy you to write English in French, you lazy anglo-saxon speaker.  

Anglais

i didn't even look it up    

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
Wow thanks the FLQ and the PQ, I knew these guy would be usefull one day ah ah ! A Canadian knows how to spell his language in French. You sure are a distinct society from the American and the British thanks to that  

perhaps i should separate - wait a minute I'm in vietnam  - i think i did separate.
two kids in french immersion helps a bit

Michel

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
Spanrench

huh?

Sportsdude

That's what I speak when i take a Spanish or French class. I'll count to 10 1-5 in Spanish 6-10 in French. I screwed up learning those languages because I took Spanish first then switched schools, Spanish was full, so they put me in French for 2 years. Then I went back to Spanish a couple years later.    

Michel

P.C.

The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the [A title=Universe href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe"][FONT color=#000000]Universe[/FONT][/A]. It feeds on [A class=mw-redirect title=Brainwave href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainwave"][FONT color=#000000]brainwave[/FONT][/A] energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with.

I think I know someone like that.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|