Help with Chinese

Started by Sportsdude, May 20 08 02:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

van_guy

[DIV dir=ltr]Yeah I just looked - they call it Chinese T (for traditional) - I can't get my intrnet to do many things so i can't see the difference.

[DIV dir=ltr]

[DIV dir=ltr]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

Yea....they had a 'simplified' and 'traditional' option.  Neither looked like thankyou.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
 Yea....they had a 'simplified' and 'traditional' option.  Neither looked like thankyou.

If this was a problem in Vietnamese I could probably help out - but alas very very very few Vietnamese speak chinese.  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

SD wrote:  I've had this card/letter from this girl for a couple months. Anyway she wrote something in Chinese and I can't find out what it means. help.... lol

So...I'm thinkin......why didn't you just ask her ?

purelife

I was thinking the SAME thing too, PC.  Heck, I even typed it but didn't post it.

It took him more effort to scan, save and post than to simply ask her or ask one of his chinese friends.  It was only 3 characters.  

I'd understand if it was a couple of phrases (like an entire letter) and SD asking for a translator.

Does someone want attention?

Sportsdude

Uhm I've asked and she's goes "you figure it out" lol.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I'd write her a letter in Swahili, and tell her to figure it out.

Sportsdude

I reckon she wouldn't be too happy with that suggestion. I could do something in German though, she knows that language.  

Sportsdude

I can't write in american english, she doesn't understand that always asks questions when I use a phrase she's never heard of.  

P.C.

I reckon she wouldn't be too happy with that suggestion. I could do something in German though, she knows that language.  

What's the point of doing it in a language she knows.... that would kind of defeat the purpose.    

purelife

Tell her to post on DS and ask us about English.  Or, tell her to figure it out. Or, tell her to buy a dictionary.    

49er

translate thank you to traditional chinese.....characters appear same

Gopher

Try it in invisible ink!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[em]I reckon she wouldn't be too happy with that suggestion. I could do something in German though, she knows that language.[/em]  

What's the point of doing it in a language she knows.... that would kind of defeat the purpose.

hahaha  You just gave me an idea.

P.C.

49er wrote:  translate thank you to traditional chinese.....characters appear same

Well....not to me.  To me it looks nothing like SD's note.   I'd make a lousy translator.

Thankyou 'traditional'       "感謝

Thankyou 'simplified'    "感谢

|