Europeans get drunk 'to have sex'

Started by Sportsdude, May 09 08 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[p class="first"] Young adults in Europe deliberately binge on drink and drugs to improve their sex lives, research suggests. [/p] The UK has one of the worst reputations for binge drinking and underage sex but there are striking similarities between countries, a study found. [/p] A third of 16 to 35-year-old men and 23% of women questioned said they drank to increase their chance of sex.  [/p] The study - of 1,341 young people in nine countries including the UK - is published in BMC Public Health. [!-- E SF --] [/p] Young people were also more at risk of unsafe sex while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the study found.[/p]The researchers said although it was well known that use of alcohol and drugs was linked to risky sexual behaviour, this study showed many young people were "strategically" binge drinking or abusing drugs to improve their sex lives.

[a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7389980.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7389980.stm[/a]

---------------------------

And this is news how exactly? lol
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

It's definitely NOT news.

'Alcohol:  Helping ugly people get laid for over 2000 years.'  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Oops...ya beat me to it Michel....lol  (darned phone)

P.C.

A psychologist once said.... we know little about the conscience except that it is soluble in alcohol.

(Thomas Blackburn)

Gopher

Which nicely brings us to the subject of communion wine.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Well if ugly people are the only ones drinking then half of Austria is ugly since 50% of people 16-35 get drunk for sex. lol

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
I'm hot, I never get drunk. lol, but I remember I used to be [em]very ugly [/em]when I was young.

I just moved to Canada. lol

purelife

Canadians who smoke pot regularily are hoping to get a lil sum sum.

There ya go.  There's my headline!

Sportsdude

purelife

Yes really!  Cuz I said so.  

Sportsdude

Hmmm then I better watch out tomorrow. I'm hanging out with a bunch of girls and I'll be the only guy around and they'll eventually start toking. lol
this is my life. lol

Lil Me

This is your big chance.  Better wear some cologne.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel