Mother's Day

Started by Lil Me, May 08 08 11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Anything doing this year?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Mr PL's mom is coming over on Saturday.  (She has to work on Sunday).  I was thinking about buying her a beautiful boquet of flowers and prepare some appy's/sandwiches for a nice tea party in our yard.  She doesn't know my idea and neither does Mr PL.  I have yet to tell him this.

For my mom, I'm thinking about having her over for dinner that day.  Heck, I may just have her over for that afternoon too (if she wants).

How about you, LM?

Sportsdude

I'll spend the days looking for something to buy and bring home. I'm either going to by Chinese art or First Nation art. I can't make up my mind though. The colours of the rooms in my house wouldn't go with a First Nation arts drawing.
Anybody know any good places in Vancouver?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

What kind of chinese art?  Chinese lettering?  Is this for your mother?

Sportsdude

Anything really. Yeah its from mom.
Something that's framed lettering would be fine.

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
How about you, LM?
 --
 I don't even think I'll be seeing my mom or my grandmothers on Sunday.  Heckyl and Jeckyl both have lacrosse, so I'll be spending my Mother's Day at the arena.  3 games on Sunday.  *sigh*
 The lacrosse association usually comes up with some wilted carnations for us.
 Maybe I'll treat myself to some take-out pizza and a bottle of wine Sunday night...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

purelife- your garden party sounds s'awesome.  What a thoughtful idea.

purelife

Take out pizza from Me and Ed's?  Ya gotta go for the best! :)

I hope the weather is ok for Saturday.  It didn't look promising on the weather website.

Lil Me

Well, don't cha have a fancy new umbrella (ella ella ella ella) from work?!  

purelife

I would be covered for next year's Mom's Day. :)

Van

I am sending my mom to a spa for some spoiling.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Awww....that's nice Van. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c015.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

She deserves it, she is super cool! Always been there for me and put up with my sh*t during my "Teen-Know-It-All" years.

At one time (around 16), I was the smartest person in the universe...and waaayyy cooler than everyone else!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

I'll be late being home, for Mother's Day, but I'll be home (if I survive the long trip back driving by myself lol) which is the key word for her. lol  

purelife

That's VERY nice of you Van.