Daily phone calls from Mother-in-law

Started by stretchedout, Apr 30 08 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

stretchedout

Is that a bit much for a daughter in her 40s?  Every day in the evening at dinner time or right after.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

My thoughts are, that if it's not bothering the person getting the calls....then it shouldn't bother anyone else ?  (personally, it would be too much for me....but I hate talking on the phone)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

If you don't want to answer the phone, let  her do it.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I my mother calls me 3 times a day at least, I call her just as much. If a girl in my life can't understand that, well then that's her loss (so far they think its funny and join in the conversations). I doubt this is a mother worrying about her daughter. Maybe they just like talking on the phone? They've got a good relationship who knows.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

stretchedout wrote:
Is that a bit much for a daughter in her 40s?  Every day in the evening at dinner time or right after.
Once a day is OK - if it were any more than that I'd have a canary.  Caller ID is AMAZing

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Van

That seems like a lot to me too. I talk to my mom usually once a week on Sundays. But we email and stuff too.

Every person is different though. I wouldn't be worry about it too much.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

3 times a day at least ????  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]  Yipes !

Van

I sometimes have 3 bowel movements a day...
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  Somehow that seems....healthier.  

van_guy

Van wrote:
I sometimes have 3 bowel movements a day... [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif[/img]  Yipes !

thanks for sharing though

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
I my mother calls me 3 times a day at least, I call her just as much. If a girl in my life can't understand that, well then that's her loss (so far they think its funny and join in the conversations). I doubt this is a mother worrying about her daughter. Maybe they just like talking on the phone? They've got a good relationship who knows.  

So  she calls you 3 times and you call her 3 times?  That's 6 calls per day ... that's one call for every three hours that you are awake.  What can possibly happen every three hours that you need to discuss??  Well in case of Van a good BM.

Van

Foods high in fibre are your friends!!!    

van_guy

Van wrote:
Foods high in fibre are your friends!!!

3 a day - i think only rope is that high in fibre.

Van

LOL...sometimes 3..not everyday.

If I talked to my mom three times a week I am not sure what I would say, nevermind 3 times a day?

"Hi Mom! You know those clouds that I was talking about that were approaching over the mountains...well, yes they are here now..."