Australian politician admits sniffing woman's chair

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 30 08 05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[a href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080429/oddities/australia_politics_offbeat"]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080429/oddities/australia_politics_offbeat[/a]

bwhahaha
The Liberals (conservatives) lose the election and now of their leaders is caught sniffing women's chairs. classic.
---------------------
An Australian political leader broke down at a news conference Tuesday as he admitted that he had sniffed the chair of a female colleague, local media reported. The confession came from the leader of the conservative Liberal Party in Western Australia, Troy Buswell, who has previously owned up to snapping the bra strap of an opposition party staffer.[/p] Buswell told reporters at the televised news conference in Mandurah south of the state capital of Perth that he would not resign his post, which puts him in line to become state premier if his party wins elections next year.[/p] But tears welled in his eyes and he choked up when asked how his family had reacted to the wide publicity given to the incident since the story became public at the weekend, the national AAP news agency said.[/p] After a brief break for a drink of water, he replied: "These are difficult issues for me to deal with and they are very difficult issues for my family to deal with."[/p] The woman involved in the incident, a Liberal Party staffer who does not want to be named, said Buswell sniffed the chair she had been sitting on at his Parliament House office in December 2005.[/p] The incident took place in front of other staff and was done to get a laugh, she told the West Australian newspaper Tuesday after Buswell had refused to confirm the initial reports.[/p] "I was shocked and outraged and I told him," the woman said.[/p] Buswell has previously admitted to snapping the bra of a staffer for the Labor Party, which governs the state, and has been accused by a retiring lawmaker of making sexist remarks to her.[/p]Buswell needed to change his behaviour, Kim Hames told reporters, but added there was no one to replace him as state leader of the Liberal Party. The Liberals were in power nationally for 11 years until former prime minister John Howard was ousted in November elections.[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

He should have said he didn't inhale. lol.

[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I think that excuse only works for popular politicians. lol  

Lil Me

or said "I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman..."  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Well to many what 'sexual relations' he had with 'that woman' isn't considered sex. ah ah
So, theoretically he didn't. lol

P.C.

Sportsdude

So, lesbian couples aren't sexually active then, interesting.  

van_guy

Michel wrote:
He should have said he didn't inhale. lol
You are a very funny individual Michel

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Van

Sniffing a woman's chair is frowned upon??!??

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
If it involves a penis...it's sex.  

Ask Mr. Bobbit what his feelings are on that one.

van_guy

Van wrote:
Sniffing a woman's chair is frowned upon??!??

Sure I can see sniffing a woman's camel is frowned upon (has anyone ever smelled a sweaty camel?) but her chair??  Who knew??
Thou shall have no gods before me - Thou shalt not commit murder - thou shalt not commit adultary   -thou shall ... I don't remember any thou shalt not sniffeth the chair of a woman ...

van_guy

Michel wrote:
  has anyone ever smelled a sweaty camel?

Ah Camel no 5, I smell it in Raz Abu Galum national park in Egypt. Yummy, plus I had to seat on a bleeding goat cut into pieces and put into bags behind the wooden saddle. The blood was dripping on my legs. It was great to have all that blood, so "refreshing" lol, plus the blackflies were tickling me, which was good, cos it was a good diversion from my injuries as I cutted the top of my feet in the Red Sea that morning, my body been pushed over the coral by the waves. Lol fortunately, I wore a life vest protecting my thorax, otherwise I would have received deep bleeding scars everywhere. And you know how the red sea is famous for its sharks... LOL am I talking too much about myself here? hehehe

OK, I saw no sharks, that part was invented, otherwise, I couldn't [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]invent[/span] tell the story, right?

I lived in a camel hair tent for about a year.  Luckily in the desert - but as you can imagine when it rained it smelled a lot like ... well ... a wet camel hair tent (plus we burned camel dung in our fire place)

NEVER let the truth get in the way of a good stroy.

So you are familiar with the wooden saddles.  I kinda alluded to that in my response to the French couple heading across Mongolia ...  I consider myseld a below average horse rider - but still I have a perhaps logged 40 hours on a horse.  I fractured my tailbone within 10 minutes on a mongolian horse - crikey rough ride and wooden saddle with a strip of carpet ... bad combo.

P.C.

Yipes Van Guy....that doesn't sound so good.  I think I would have chosen to ride bareback.

A wooden saddle !!!?  What were they thinking !