The Behemoth

Started by P.C., Apr 24 08 08:07

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

OMG......I'M GOING !!!  

Any roller coaster fans ?  Check this OUT !!!!

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZa4MKs7Hc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZa4MKs7Hc[/A]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Crazy! Yes, big roller coaster fan here. Ever been to 6 flags Magic Mountain Los Angeles. So KEWWWL!  Except the last time I was there was during a heat wave and I got a bit of heat stroke.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

Er........ nope. I'm a chicken when it comes to anything like that. I like staying on the ground, thank you very much. Things like that... even watching the video makes teh Lise feel a wee bit faint.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Haven't been to 6 Flags, Van.  I sure like a good roller coaster.

They're building them faster and smoother and higher....yet nothing STILL compares to the old beater at the PNE.  Took hub on it a few years back...he had never been on one.  He laughed a laugh I have yet to hear again, from start to finish.  It was great to see him take that first ride.

Then we went on the NEW big one....not half the thrill.  It was faster....but the centrifugal force and the over the shoulder across the chest lock down, kept you too immovable.  Not near as great a thrill.    

Lise

Methinks you should try the [A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uQpXzw8piw"]Python[/A] at Busch Garden. I couldn't even look at the roller coaster while I was there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Ooooo...looks writhey and twisty !  Can't see myself getting to Africa any time soon....lol

Lise

The Python is actually in Florida, it's one of those African style theme park. The name says it all, twisty - actually VERY twisty and the best part is that you're hung from your seats. Literally. There's no bottom so you're strapped from the shoulder up. Makes for an interesting ride, I guess.

Bill Cosby.

P.C.

OH BOY !!!!!!  

(makes me want to dig out my old Roller Coaster Tycoon)

Lil Me

oooohhhhh!  That looks like a great ride.  Finally a reason to go to Toronto!
I went to Canada's Wonderland once- in 1985.  That was the year the stand-up coaster was new (the one where you stand up perched on a bicyle seat).  It was pissing with rain that day... the kids had a blast on the rides and the adults sat in the bar.

Never been to Busch Gardens. But a few years ago, Heckyl saw an ad for Marine World (Niagra Falls) on tv and commented, "That looks like fun, but why would anyone want to go to NIGERIA?"  lol I explained to him that it was NIAGRA-in Canada.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Awww...too cute.  Out of the mouths of babes.  

I bet I could have guessed you were a roller coaster fan.

Van

Oh yes, the old wooden one at the PNE. It has been years. It is just scary because you really don't feel like you are secured in enough.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Yea !!!!  That's the ticket Van.  You get tossed around and come right to a standing position in some of those drops.  The new ones are too 'homogenized'.  The thrill is smoothed and tethered right out of them.

Sportsdude

I haven't been on a roller coaster in years, sort of got tired of going on them after I almost blacked out on one of the fastest/longest in the world in Six Flags Chicago. meh, Its something you do as a kid, then get tired of it, only to have kids who then want to go on these rides, so you to tag along again. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Its something you do as a kid, then get tired of it, only to have kids who then want to go on these rides, so you to tag along again. lol  

Ahem....tag along ?  I lead the way....and I'm not tired yet. I'm simply hopeless at this growing up thing.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/d030.gif" border=0]