Gophie's Countdown

Started by P.C., Apr 17 08 10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

LOL!

I'm dancing for you Gophie...you MUST be so excited... *jumps for joy*

Michel

Gopher

It's all over.  A few minutes ago I got my reward for umpteen years of slavery! And believe it or not, my first day off will find me at a funeral.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Congratulations Goph!  Did you get a cake? A retirement gift?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
It's all over.  A few minutes ago I got my reward for umpteen years of slavery! And believe it or not, my first day off will find me at a funeral.

Gophie,
Congratulations ... I assume your ex-boss / ex - co-workers have not eaten you.
Enjoy your retirement.
Any big plans?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Gopher

No -plans at all (yet). I did have quite a few and then I decided to see what life was like without having anything planned ahead - after all, from the day we start school everything's mapped out for us. When I've had a month or so of  'exploring my options' i.e. just lazing, I'll start to apply myself to see what I can do to make my presence counted: although it recently occurred to me that  those people who are relatively unheralded and unknown are very often the most worthy of our regard. It will be interesting to see what happens - it's like a big adventure opening up, a whole new canvas on which I can write a whole host of new mistakes (and maybe revisit a few old ones as well).

Michel

Gopher

purelife

3 cheers for gophie!  Hip hip horay... hip hop horray!  

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Accepted with relish.

P.C.

zen monk

[h1 style="margin: 0pt; font-size: 12px; font-style: italic; font-weight: normal;"]"Live daringly, boldly, fearlessly. Taste the relish to be found in competition - in having put forth the best within you"  Henry J Kaiser
[/h1]  

P.C.

Great quotes zen ! .....and cleverly placed too.

zen monk

For PC -

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend. [div style="font-style: italic;" class="auth"]Albert Camus[/div]

|