Fashion Thread

Started by Lise, Apr 12 08 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

OK. I want your honest opinion about this pencil skirt. Do you like it? Do you think it'll look silly on short people like yours truly?

Which ones do you like?

Speaking for myself, I really like the first one with the buttons.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sportsdude

i don't see how short means you can't look sexy.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
i don't see how short means you can't look sexy.
--
 I think Lise wonders if the "pencil skirt" shape would look good on a short person.

I think they are all nice skirts, Lise.  But I'm totally the wrong person to ask about fashion.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I don't see why not.  

Michel

Lise

I like the first black one but not the one in the middle. Pencil skirts are great because they're classy and don't go out of fashion. The only problem is the skirts look great on a tall person but on a short person makes your legs look stubby.

This I kinda like. Is it too much?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Gopher

...and songs as well? It's absolutely ok, Lise.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Very cute Miss Lise.....very 60's.  The good stuff always comes back.

If you want to wear a pencil skirt without it making you look short, make sure the top is the same colour as the skirt.....stockings the same colour would give you an even longer line.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Heya Ms. PC. Wow! Good fashion tip there! I'll certainly bear that in mind when I get the skirt.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Pencil skirts look great on short or tall people.  Make sure your shirt/blouse is much lighter (in color) than your skirt.  When you tuck in your shirt, it focuses on your narrow part of the waist and makes you look taller. You could also assesorize your outfit by wearing anice silk scarf.

P.C.

lol....we just gave Lise opposite advice on the way to look taller.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Did we?  I didn't get the chance to read up on the comments.  

ah well, take the best and leave the rest...whatever works on Lise's body and looks great. :)    

Sportsdude

thread needs some zoolander