Guess the Movie game - Pictures only

Started by purelife, Apr 07 08 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
You're annoyed by people who aren't inspired to watch a cartoon about a hockey jersey ????  Get a grip son !!!!!
this isn't bugs bunny and mickey mouse. This is a story about Canada, there's messages in that story that go beyond a simple 'cartoon'.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

It has zero appeal to me.  What would make you think that someone might think a cartoon about a hockey jersey would be about anything other than hockey.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

[span style="font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;"][/span]

P.C.

P.C.

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic; TEXT-DECORATION: underline"]SD: I hate it that I'm the one in class explaining canadian history to canadians [/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]my age who didn't have a clue what the hockey players on the back of the 5 represented. Then I end up apologizing to people for making it seem like I know more about their own country then they do. [/SPAN]

Michel: ....... once again SD is skidding out of control.

Agreed.

purelife

[FONT color=#800000 size=7]For F*CK sakes, this was supposed to be a very lovely game of guessing a movie, not some political $*%&$($!!!   [/FONT]

[FONT color=#800000 size=7][/FONT]

[FONT color=#800000 size=7]I have never heard of that cartoon nor have ever seen it nor do I ever give a damn $*%&$ even if I have lived in Canada.[/FONT]  

Sportsdude

lol sorry about that guys, i get wound up over these things. I spent the winter trying to ponder 'what is the canadian identity' (i was bored). I know great subject eh? lol The themes that kept coming up were duality, multi-culturalism, and then I say celebration of winter. (Canada, and Northern Europe tend to have the same fondness for winter, look through literature, arts and so on its a difining trait). Came to the conclusion you can't say canada's identity is multi-culturalism but this can't be a defining trait because of Quebec. Duality makes more sense in that we are a country of many tongues, a country founded on two distinct ways of living etc. But still, many other countries are dualities, so that's not really 'distinct'.  The reality, Canada doesn't really have an identity, its a place where you can come and 'do your own thing' much like the idea of the United States minus the whole 'rah rah America'. On the flip side though, and I'm guilty of this too, we can't compare ourselves to the Americans, we can't let our biasis define Canada in that way. (think of any political issue, america is the big scary monster under your bed coming to get you lol).

so that was my winter basically, lol. how exciting.

yikes i've steered this thread of course.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

You need to watch what you say, SD, even though this isn't "reality" (quote and unquote, SD).  We are all very real and have real emotions.  

P.C.

We are all very real and have real emotions.

Yea....but unfortunately we're all stupid.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

purelife

P.C. wrote:
 We are all very real and have real emotions.

Yea....but unfortunately we're all stupid.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

And non-canadians because we should know better.  :P

P.C.

OK.... I'm putting this thread back on track.....let's get serious here.

Michel

P.C.

Nope....and it's not Lady and the Beast either.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

P.C.

Awww....not so.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]

|