Favorite and Least Favorite Cities and Towns

Started by Van, Mar 31 08 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

I had always thought that it meant he had died 'there'.....away from home, away from his lover. ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I always had visions of a burial at sea.  Like Bonnie died on a boat and was literally put to rest "over the ocean".  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a005.gif" border=0]                                                                   [FONT color=#ffffff] .[/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

Michel wrote:
lol indeed, I have maybe 40 shots of mountain goats famillies climbing up hills taken mainly in Denali.He he I can add any amount of mountain goats you want on these pics with photoshop, and nobody could ever be able to see a difference. White spots are white spots after all.  
   Michel,

Don't feel bad - I've spent months in the mountains of N. BC / Alaska and never got a shot of more than white specks.  I've accidentally snuck up on one or two - but by the time i get my pack off / camera out --- white specks.

At $1,000 / hour plus fuel - helicopters make a nice but rather expensive way to get good goat shots.  The goats and sheep in Jasper are far less skiddish than in alaska - I'd save my chopper budget and go for a nice holiday to Jasper.  
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Van

JJ wrote:
If I could live anywhere and not have to worry about employment I would move to Salmon Arm and if you had to send me to hell on earth that would be Trail / Castlegar.[/DIV]
 Too true. Castelgar for the same reason I dislike Prince George. Rotting Pulp smell.

As for Trail, omg! nothing like a beautiful lead smelter in the middle of the town. You can't tell the industrial area from the business area.

Both close to cool places though. Christina Lake is gorgeous. Warmest tree lined lake in Canada.

Also, Trail is close to Rossland. I LOVE RED MOUNTAIN!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|