Favorite and Least Favorite Cities and Towns

Started by Van, Mar 31 08 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread because I've only really lived in Vancouver.  Does it help if I say that I don't like Whalley?

P.C.

lol...it's VERY helpful purelife.  You may have upset the Beav though.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

There is a burb of Vancouver or two I am not crazy about. One in particular, rhymes with Slurry. Although, it isn't much worse than a few others.

Tacoma, Washington too. I love the beautiful reactors on the countryside. I would take the middle of the prairies over it.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

If I absolutely had to move back to the mainland, there are a couple areas I wouldn't mind.  (of the ones that are almost affordable)....Walnut Grove or some areas in Langley are quite nice.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

van_guy wrote:
 [FONT face=Arial size=2][SPAN class=571565815-31032008][SPAN class=571565815-31032008]Van,

We have very simmilar tastes in cities.  Have you ever bben to Atlin BC?  very funky place - i knew 1/2 the town in 3 days .  only place i;ve ever been where someone walked into a crowded bar and yelled a round for the house!!
[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial size=2][SPAN class=571565815-31032008][SPAN class=571565815-31032008][/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial size=2][SPAN class=571565815-31032008][SPAN class=571565815-31032008]No, I never been that far up north. Looks like it would be in some rugged country for sure![/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/DIV]
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Yeah by looking at some of your other fave;s i'd have to say you'd like atlin - but go in the summertime - there are some strange mating rituals in the fall (beofre the winter season) then in the spring it gets kinda whacky - but sumertime is awesome.  something like 18 hours of sunshine per day...

sorry for not getting back to you - internet in vietnam sucks - i often can't load DS.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Van

van_guy wrote:
Yeah by looking at some of your other fave;s i'd have to say you'd like atlin - but go in the summertime - there are some strange mating rituals in the fall (beofre the winter season) then in the spring it gets kinda whacky - but sumertime is awesome.  something like 18 hours of sunshine per day...

sorry for not getting back to you - internet in vietnam sucks - i often can't load DS.

I bet I would like it. I have never been into Northern BC or the Yukon. Sounds like a good summer adventure. Alaska too!

No worries about getting back to anyone. Between being busy and bad internet connections, it isn't always easy for anyone.

van_guy

Michel wrote:
 there are some strange mating rituals in the fall (beofre the winter season) then in the spring it gets kinda whacky - but sumertime is awesome.  something like 18 hours of sunshine per day...

Mating ? Can you extrapolate ?

Those long hours are great for taking pictures of nocturnal animals in the wild that are nearly imposible to see or photographed lower in the south since they only come out at night.

i was actually referring to the human mating rituals.  if the days are 18 hours in the summer that means 18 hour nights in the dead of winter - long boring nights with little to do - i think you are catching my drift here - so in the fall any and all single (and some married?!?!) humans will do nearly anything to entice a mate into the cabin before the snows come - and much like a mating moose you don;t want to get between the bull and the cow - even accidentally - it's best just to stay clear.  

van_guy

Van wrote:
[em]van_guy wrote:

[/em]  
 I bet I would like it. I have never been into Northern BC or the Yukon. Sounds like a good summer adventure. Alaska too!
No worries about getting back to anyone. Between being busy and bad internet connections, it isn't always easy for anyone.
thanks - sometimes i'll try for a week to fire ds up- but alas nuthin'
yeah you owe it to yourself ... people are great - scenery is beeeeutiful - cool animals - some bars in whitehorse are open 23 1/2 hours per day- law says you have to mop the floors - so really drunk people and wet floors - not a good idae - so they close up - mop up and swing the doors open again.

van_guy

Michel wrote:
lol, ok and me who was naively thinking about my mountain goats that I never saw there lol

That's it, I'm out of here, time to put the camera down and go read a book about the birds and the bees ah ah !

yeah there are strange mating rituals all over the world for many species - perhaps none stranger than the human species "hiya baby ... buy ya a drink?"

Damn mountain goats - I'd be hiking around and i'd see them waaaaaaaaaaaay up there on the cliff above - and i swear they'd line you up and "boot" kick a couple pebbles  - they would watch the rocks careening down the cliff - if they missed ... the goat would realighn and "boot" kick a few more pebbles - watch the trajectory ... and so on ...

Plus you try to photgraph them - well as soon as you get close enough that they show up as anything more than white specks - they run off to the next peak.

|