Work question

Started by purelife, Mar 26 08 02:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
I know that people always look for work when they are working, but what do you say to your Interviewer when they ask why you're out looking for work?  
 --
 You can always use the BS line about your "career development" and "looking for new challenges and opportunities"...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I don't know about being honest in the workplace. It has gotten me into endless trouble. My workplace is filled with women who just love to gossip and stab one another. They talk and bitch about everything and anyone that it's just a wonder that we ever get along. Honesty among women?? That's going to get you shot.

purelife needs to examine what it is that makes her want to stay in her workplace. If you're unhappy and the prospect of going to work each day is depressing then perhaps you should consider leaving. Look for another job that will give you the respect you deserve. You are a good person and should NOT have to put up with them. You deserve so much better.

Whatever your decision is, purelife, I hope that everything will go your way. Good luck and best wishes. Just know that we support you whatever you do.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Thanks guys.  :)

They haven't yet pushed me into the "break" point.  I still come to work happy or at least not let these bitches ruin my day.  I've been thinking of the bright side before I think about leaving.  I really do love my company too much.... am a devotee, I suppose.  I also love the people I work with and love my customers.  I know that they would miss me very much.  

Oh, and I want my 3-year umbrella.  It's a very nice umbrella.  hee hee...

P.C.

Maybe a few umbrellas like this will help everyone get along !

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Lise wrote:
I don't know about being honest in the workplace. It has gotten me into endless trouble. My workplace is filled with women who just love to gossip and stab one another.

I hear the same thing from my sister. She says gossip and backstabbling happens everywhere she has ever worked with other females. Now she works with guys, it doesn't happen anymore..??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Gopher

I think we can all empathise with you Purelife, if we're not currently enduring similar circumstances to you, we've almost certainly known them in the past. Good luck with whatever you decide, personally I'd hang on for as long as I could and then just go.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Lise

Ja, we had this discussion before. Women just nurse whatever is said in their hearts for months! Then the meltdown happens and the claws come out. It's amazing the kind of things they can say when you let them.

I don't see it happen with guys. I like working with men. In fact working with a male dentist is ten times better than working with a female one. The same goes with co-workers. When men have a disagreement, it's resolved within hours if not days. With women, the bitch-fest goes on and on in a merry little cycle.

At any rate, hang in there, purelife. Just don't take their words to your heart. Remember, you're waaay better than they are so no need to sink to their level.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'm not buying into the 'it doesn't happen with guys' stuff.  Not at all.  The whole root of the problem at my last job...which was all male....except 2...was hell.  It was the first time I questioned whether women were worse than men when it comes to that kind of crap.  Although I'm not sure if men are worse, I'd have to say they were certainly no better.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.