Work question

Started by purelife, Mar 26 08 02:28

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"]I need some help with my current job situation from anyone who has work experience with various Employers.[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"]I know that no matter which company you work for, there will always be office politics.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN]But how much do you put up with before you break?[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"]I work with bitches (Supervisor and Manager).[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN](sorry to use that language).[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN]They are making my job life fracking miserable.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]The question is:  Do you leave or continue working?  [/SPAN][/SPAN]

Russ

Work until you find a better job then leave after giving notice. I know it sounds crazy but never burn any bridges, leave saying you want to try something different to better yourself. You never know, your supervisors may leave and you might end up back at teh same job with teh same company.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

michaelday77

You find another job and move on. my 2 cents. I feel your pain though.

purelife wrote:
 [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"]I need some help with my current job situation from anyone who has work experience with various Employers.[o:p][/o:p][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"][o:p] [/o:p][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"]I know that no matter which company you work for, there will always be office politics.[span style=""]  [/span]But how much do you put up with before you break?[span style=""]  [/span][o:p][/o:p][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"][o:p] [/o:p][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"]I work with bitches (Supervisor and Manager).[span style=""]  [/span](sorry to use that language).[span style=""]  [/span]They are making my job life fracking miserable.[span style=""]  [/span][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"][span style=""][/span][/span] [/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"][span style="font-family: Verdana;"][span style=""]The question is:  Do you leave or continue working?  [/span][/span][/p]

Michael Day

P.C.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]They are making my job life fracking miserable.[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]  [/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]The question is:  Do you leave or continue working?  [/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][FONT face="Times New Roman"]Life's too short to spend one third of every day being unhappy.[/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; 10pt: "][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][FONT face="Times New Roman"]Stop worrying about what you think you might owe them...you owe it to yourself to leave.  Think about it....you spend 8 hours a day sleeping.  That leaves you 2/3 of each day to live.....don't waste HALF of your waking hours in a job that makes you crazy.[/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

leave, you don't have to put up with it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

The thing is I really love the company.  It has one of the greatest benefits that I have ever seen before or have heard of.  

I know that these two bitches would give a bad reference no matter how good of an employee I am.  I also have to add that I'm not the only one in my dept who feels this.  Everyone here does and nobody trusts to discuss any issues of our bitches to HR because HR really isn't much help either.

It's really tough to leave such a great company.  

Oh, and looking for another position within the company is totally out of the question.  These bitches will find something to bad mouth you even though I never did it.  They will create and make my life a living hell.

I absolutely hate how they are treating everyone.  

I don't ever cry over work but this situation and what has been happening makes me want to just cry because I just don't understand.  Nothing satisfies them.      

P.C.

That's too sad purelife.   But when you put it into perspective, a great benefit package is not worth living HALF.....that's right....HALF of your waking life feeling like this for.

Too stressfull !!!  Living like that changes who you are...and that's not fair to yourself or your 'other half'.  

Good girl for recognizing it.  

Sportsdude

Here's what somebody told me before about a working situation I was in: "Sometimes you've got to do what is right, even if its the greatest company in the world.  If you can't stand the working environment, you should take your talents elsewhere at a place you'd be apprieciated more. Don't feel obligated to a company because of benefits or love of."

don't stay and be miserable it's not worth it.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Thanks guys.  You guys are the best.  

I was just looking through some financial insitutions, ie credit unions of who is hiring and saw many jobs out there.  I know for a fact that my skills are high in demand and are always looking for valuable employees.

I absolutely really love this one CU's motto.  

[div style="font-style: italic;" class="simple"] [div class="highlight1"][h2]Our Most Valuable Assets[/h2]Because we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset:[/p][ul][li]We offer extensive classroom and on-the-job training for all of our new employees;[/div][/li][li][div]We believe in developing our employees through a variety of internal training programs and promoting from within;[/div][/li][li][div]We provide a healthy work place where there is real concern for the needs of the people, employee involvement, cooperation and teamwork;[/div][/li][/ul]...plus much more.[/p][/div]  I know that people always look for work when they are working, but what do you say to your Interviewer when they ask why you're out looking for work?  Can I be honest and describe my working conditions?  I don't think that I could do that because the places that I'm thinking of applying to are affilated with my company.  I also wouldn't want to make our dept look bad or my company.   My current company is awesome, it's just the ppl in my dept are terrible.

*sigh* It has been far too long since I've been on the job market and forget how to answer some questions.  

P.C.

Mr Sawdust suggests to say something to  the affect that there is a culture of fear within the department...in dealing with some issues.  (he has hired people for over 20 years)  That way you are not slamming the company...nor are you saying that the office politics are the main purpose that has sent you packing.  It shows that you are willing to deal with whatever issues present themselves.....but that wasn't an option in the work atmosphere you are presently in.   A potential employer would wonder if you were able to deal with the politics of their company....as office politics are everywhere.  Bottom line he recommends to be as honest 'as possible'.

purelife

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "culture of fear."  I don't think I've come across this group of words before.

That was very insightful, PC.  I was also thinking of the way to word things because I certainly don't want to come across as someone who "runs away from office politics and problems."  It's definitely not that at all.  I tried.  I told my supervisor (who is Bitch #2) how I feel about the way she was talking to me one day.  We came to an understanding but that didn't last long.  A month later, she become hell beyotch all over again.  

P.C.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "culture of fear."  I don't think I've come across this group of words before.

That was very insightful, PC.  I was also thinking of the way to word things because I certainly don't want to come across as someone who "runs away from office politics and problems."  It's definitely not that at all.  I tried.  I told my supervisor (who is Bitch #2) how I feel about the way she was talking to me one day.  We came to an understanding but that didn't last long.  A month later, she become hell beyotch all over again.

Culture of fear is an evasive/general expression that describes that one of the sources of the problem was a person who is in a position of someone that should be approachable with regards to the problems of the people working 'under' them......but wasn't.  It sort of demonstrates that you are not a 'finger pointer', but that there were problems that couldn't be resolved without the assistance of this person.  The expression basically helps you to be honest....without pointing fingers at an individual.

Lil Me

HUGGGZZZZZZZ!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Good luck with your decision purelife.

I know every industry is different, and it is hard to compare and generalize. Some companies may not be as great as the one you are in overall, but the department or group within it may be 1000 times better.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!