Hour Glass Figure

Started by purelife, Mar 25 08 12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

I was listening to the radio station this morning where the hosts were talking about a guy who got divorced and met this lady whom he thought "clicked" with.  Well, one day, they were out somewhere, he said to her "You have a nice hour glass figure"  Well, she took offense to it and never called him again.

Yikes!

I guess some girls are really touchy about a guy commenting on their figure.  He thought it was a compliment.

Your thoughts?

Lil Me

sounds like a compliment.

Too bad she didn't give him a chance to explain.  b*tch!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Depends on the way he said it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

michaelday77

In my experience it's best to compliment without using common terms like 'hour glass figure' that can be taken wrong...obviously!  
Michael Day

purelife

My thoughts exactly, LM.  

The host on the radio said that he wouldn't even comment if the girl lost weight.  He thinks that it's better not to mention anything at all.  

Russ

Well, at least he found out she was like that before he got anymore attached or it proceeded any further.

Next
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

I wonder if the girl was insulted because a lot of trends are skinny today (Paris Hilton) not the classic beauty with curves.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

You mean an hour glass figure with the sand run out?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

It sounds like that.  I think she thought he was referencing how big she is or something.  I think it's a compliment to hear that.  

Russ

purelife wrote:
 It sounds like that.  I think she thought he was referencing how big she is or something.  I think it's a compliment to hear that.  [/DIV]
 I agree with PL's hypothesis... it seems to me that this is more than likely the case. She has no idea what hourglass figure means.

purelife

I remember a thread on DV where the guy wanted advice on how to tell his wife to lose weight.  OMG, did he get flamed!

Would you ever tell your partner to lose weight?  Is it really safe for guys to say to the girl "hey, you're getting bigger, could ya lose some weight?"

And of course, every girl's reaction is different.

Russ

I remember that thread! I was talking about it last week sometime too.

Im of the opinion it doesnt matter. I talked about something like this, saying that to me it doesnt matter but it would it bother her? Other than she would feel funny, she wouldnt care either.    

Sportsdude

weird, hour glass usually means good. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Oh cool! (that you remember that thread)  It was rather amusing and didn't he end up posting pics or something?  LOL!      

Michel