Portable DVD Help Info

Started by Lise, Mar 23 08 07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

My portable DVD is busted. I guess what you pay is what you get. I had a Daytek and it's broken.  

Any recommendations on a good DVD portable player? I would like to get one that's under $150 or less.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

I got a portable Panasonic and it has been very good. Only had it for about a year and a half though. Has dual monitors. Seems to be ok. It was $179.00 at Costco.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

cartman

did you get a good warranty with it?  

Russ

I agree with VAn... Costco is where to go to get stuff like that.. you get a good one year, possibly more warranty from there.

The other place I would look is online from a place like Tigerdirect.ca
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Van

cartman wrote:
did you get a good warranty with it?

Me or Lise? I got a 1 year with my Panasonic. So far so good. But I really don't use it a ton.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lise

No waranty on mine... I kinda.... not into buying stupid waranty policies. I guess what I'm saying is that this portable DVD has to withstand kids and long journeys.

Hmm.... I might go to the states and check out the Costco there. I hear they've got great deals there.

What's this tigerdirect thing?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

I don't shop at Costco very often, but when I do it seems decent. Especially now with my Kirkland coffee tidbit from Russ!

Lil Me

The battery on my portable DVD is hooped, but we use it on long trips plugged into the 12V adapter.
 It was a freebie from airmiles.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

I use mine when I go on camping/biking journeys into other towns and I am bunking in the back of my truck and it is raining sideways. Sometimes, my Toyota is my house, lol!

Russ

Van wrote:
 I use mine when I go on camping/biking journeys into other towns and I am bunking in the back of my truck and it is raining sideways. Sometimes, my Toyota is my house, lol![/DIV]
 I just twigged on this.. you have a toy rig? Whatchya got? You ever offroad or camp? Mods?

Van

Russ wrote:
Van wrote:
 I use mine when I go on camping/biking journeys into other towns and I am bunking in the back of my truck and it is raining sideways. Sometimes, my Toyota is my house, lol![/DIV]
 I just twigged on this.. you have a toy rig? Whatchya got? You ever offroad or camp? Mods?[/DIV]
 Twigged hey?! Mods??

I do have some cool toys, I never really grew up and have a ton of matchbox cars and Hot Wheels!

But yes, I have a Tacoma. Mostly for weekend use only. I have a canopy and a foamy in the back. Yes, it makes for easy camping. I go on a lot of bike trips. (Mountain Bike, not a Harley). But I am not huge on the off roading in the truck, but it has to be done from time to time to get to some good country.

Lise

OMG. Don't get Russ started on cars and spare parts. That's like asking him to describe what sex is like!
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Van wrote:
 Twigged hey?! Mods??

I do have some cool toys, I never really grew up and have a ton of matchbox cars and Hot Wheels!

But yes, I have a Tacoma. Mostly for weekend use only. I have a canopy and a foamy in the back. Yes, it makes for easy camping. I go on a lot of bike trips. (Mountain Bike, not a Harley). But I am not huge on the off roading in the truck, but it has to be done from time to time to get to some good country. [/DIV]
 LOL. Mods as in modifications.. Ive got an older toyota Hilux with solid front axle, jacked up on 35's, arb lockers front and rear on 4.88's, running on a toyota supra 7mge. Lots of other little things that slip my mind as well. I only really use it for my camping uses. I do know what you mean by sleeping in the back.. I used to but not anymore, always too full of stuff and muddy lol.

You can NEVER have too many toys.. just ask Starfish if she would ever sign back in on here and stop browsing under my account, lol.

Lise! Im not THAT bad am I? I dont describe my starfish encounters that well.. :) :)

Lise

Russ wrote:
Lise! Im not THAT bad am I? I dont describe my starfish encounters that well.. :) :)

Who's talking about Starfish? Between the goat and cars, she doesn't stand a chance!

Bill Cosby.

Van

Russ wrote:
LOL. Mods as in modifications.. Ive got an older toyota Hilux with solid front axle, jacked up on 35's, arb lockers front and rear on 4.88's, running on a toyota supra 7mge. Lots of other little things that slip my mind as well. I only really use it for my camping uses. I do know what you mean by sleeping in the back.. I used to but not anymore, always too full of stuff and muddy lol.

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]LOL! Oh those mods!![/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2][/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]Wow, you machine sounds pretty sweet. [/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]Sorry, I have just a plain '07 Tacoma. Umm...its black..and err...it uses gas, and has a stereo...it is a decent 4x4 when I need one.umm...girls like it (or at least I pretend they do...)[/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]Yeah, I don't always sleep in the back. Depends how long I am going to a place and where it is etc. If I am camping for a few days, I bring the tent. Either way, a cooler full of beer is close by.[/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]Last summer, I slept in the back of my truck right off of the highway east of Kamloops and slept 12 hours after a rally in Salmon Arm, I was pooped![/FONT][/SPAN]

[SPAN class=212475113-25032008][FONT face=Arial size=2]I am not very mechanically brilliant when it comes to vehicles. I know BMX and mountain bikes. [/FONT][/SPAN][/DIV]