Vancouver Smoke Free environment

Started by purelife, Mar 18 08 12:00

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

[SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: PMingLiU; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: ZH-TW; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]On April 1, 2008, the new City of Vancouver Health By-Law No. 9535 comes into effect which means that [SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]smoking can no longer be legally permitted anywhere within six metres of a building door, window, or air intake system.[/SPAN]

[SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: PMingLiU; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: ZH-TW; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][/SPAN]

[SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: PMingLiU; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: ZH-TW; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"]I wonder where people would be smoking.  Bathrooms?[/SPAN]

[SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: PMingLiU; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: ZH-TW; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][/SPAN]

Michel

purelife

But if they step 7 metres from the building, they will hit another buidling.  Downtown is so close to the buildings.

Sportsdude

I don't smoke although the 7 metre, 5 metre rule is stupid, people will just smoke in front of walkways. Where you have to hold your breath to walk through. I was shocked at all the smokers here in B.C. when I came here. Never seen so many in a non rural southern environment. Somebody told me that it was A) Everyone is ADD B) Everyone is a pot smoker. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

People actually smoke less in BC than in other parts of Canada.  They only look more numerous because they all stand together outdoors in doorways and under awnings.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Will smokers have to carry tape measures?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

If they don't, I will.   I'll carry tape measures, measuring tape, measuring cups, spoons, and of course, the ruler!  LOL

And to be on the safe side, I'll wear a gas mask and a hard hat.

Sportsdude

ah, thanks for the insight lil me.
I was just puzzled, especially at school. When I was at this university in the Seattle area, didn't see anyone smoke at all. Then I came here and it was like I was back home lol.
lol kids, they don't know how to deal with stress.

Gopher

And safety shoes, Purelife?  

purelife

lol kids, they don't know how to deal with stress.

SD, didn't you say one time that you drink more when you're stressed?    

purelife

Gopher wrote:
And safety shoes, Purelife?

The CFM boots or the Prostitute heels?

Gopher

Prostitutes heels for cigarettes, and CFM boots for cigars. Unfortunately I'm not sure of the correct footwear for pipes.    

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[em]lol kids, they don't know how to deal with stress.[/em]
SD, didn't you say one time that you drink more when you're stressed?

by drinking I mean a glass of wine after a day of work. Which is what i do everyday back in the states.
if by stress means procrastination, well then I'm the king at doing that. I'm probably the worst procrastionator in the world.

purelife

Gopher wrote:
Prostitutes heels for cigarettes, and CFM boots for cigars. Unfortunately I'm not [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff40"]sure of the correct footwear for pipes.[/FONT]    
And... it depends if the pipe is inhaled or blown...

|