3 (33.3%)
I enjoy them
2 (22.2%)
I love them
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Sportsdude

personalities i guess. lol
i always use it as I'm joking, gets lost in translation over over typing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
But white glaze instead if I remember well. Not a big fan of it I must say. sticky fingers yikes.  
 --
 Use a wet wipe.  lol

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

"In many historically Christian countries, the buns are traditionally eaten on Good Friday, with the cross standing as a symbol of the crucifixion. They are believed by some to pre-date Chrisitianity although the first recorded use of the term "hot cross bun" is not until 1733. Protestant English monarchs saw the buns as a dangerous hold over of Catholic belief in England being baked from the dough used in making the communion wager. Protestant England attempted to ban the sale of the buns by bakers but they were too popular, and instead Elizabeth 1 passed a law permitting bakeries to sell them, but only at Easter and Christmas. David provides no source for this assertion and it seems to be a myth arising from anti-Catholic bigotry"    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Interesting trivia, P.C.  Thanks!

Btw, I've never had a Catholic communion wafer, but it doesn't look like you could rise the dough into a bun...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Communion wafers are very similar to rice paper.......and they stick to the roof of your mouth in the same way.   I think only the cross is made out of the same unleavened 'whatever it is'.

Michel

Lil Me

I do like unleavened bread.  I'm a fan of the matzo.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Do you like Lefse ?  I love that stuff....more than that, I love preparing it.  It's the weirdest stuff.

Gopher

It's Norwegian isn't it (I've just Googled it), never seen it before.

Gopher

We are here solely to expand your vocabulary, Michel.  

|