exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

What kind of food have you tried that was out of your comfort zone/level?  How was it?  

Sportsdude

define exotic.
Haggis
wasn't the greatest
then again I can't really hate anything food wise. I don't think I'll eat rocky mountain oysters though.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
Haggis

Yuk. I had it once. Never again.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

haha did you know in the u.k. if you throw haggis at a scots house, it's a hate crime?  

Michel

JJ

I went for dim sum and didn't know what I was eating that was scary.  I do remember chicken's feet?  I was too polite to say no thanks!

Van Dude

I had weiners in a can...an Newfie gave me one...it didn't stay in my stomach too long.

Other than that, I have had kangaroo. It was not my thing.

JJ

I ate beaver, cougar and bear before at a wild life banquet .  

purelife

Didn't you already kiss me before, Michel?  On the cheek?  ;)

Wow, that's very exotic and interesting food you guys have eaten.  I have nothing compared to that but then again, whatever my mom made back in the days, I don't question.  It looks like hair and fingers, but I'm told it's good for you.  LOL

Sportsdude

yeah like chicken heads. uhhh.  

Lil Me

I eat a lot of different foods, but I can't think of anything I've had that is out of my comfort zone.  Haggis-ok, chead cheese-ok, tripe-ok, tendon-ok, fish eyes-ok, fish skin-ok.

I eat pretty much every kind of regular animal part, fish part, fungus, root, etc.-- except duck feet.  Can't get past the webbed feet.

I don't like game meats (including farm-raised versions of the same animal), but that's because of the taste.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|