exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Tiger meat ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

van_guy wrote:
By the tone we are not talking exotic - rather nasty ...

For me drink is tied between fermented distilled camels milk and a shot of voldka i had last week that was stewing with a bird and a chopped up crocodile (the other shot was stewing with a wild pigs bladder (?)

Food wise - deep fried chrysalis (1/2 moth 1/2 worm all nasty), turtle (not soup) straight up was pretty flippery.  Haggis is pretty good i thought.  sounds nasty but is quite yummy.  The only thing i can't get my brain (or lips) around is duck embryo served like a boiled egg with feathers and a beak.
 --
 Eek.  I'll buy my flavoured vodka at the BC LDB.

I don't think I could eat chrysalis or duck embryo either.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Tiger meat ?

[img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif[/img]
 PC does anyone else find it ironic that the only one that called me on Tiger meat goes by the handle PC??

Yup Tiger meat.  I didn't kill the damn thing - I didn't buy it - i didn't ask anyone to kill it.  There was a guy who came for dinner - he brought a pack of meat - we cooked it and he told us it was tiger meat.  if i didn't eat it - would the tiger magically spring back to life?
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Lise wrote:
OK..... maybe not marrow from fish bones and I think you're right, PC. Anyways, it's all that nice juicy brown stuff that can't go to waste.

Tiger meat???? You're soooooo cruel, Van!

Oops sorry PC I didn't realize that Lise had already slammed me!!

I reiterate I didn't kill the animal.  

It was already dead!  

van_guy

Wow nobody caught the faux pas - chryssalis is actually 1/2 cattapillar (not 1/2 worm) - how embarrassing.

P.C.

PC does anyone else find it ironic that the only one that called me on Tiger meat goes by the handle PC??

I wasn't 'calling you on it' Van Guy....I was surprised that tiger meat was edible...that it isn't somehow 'forbidden' because of it's status of endangerment....then the sad face is just showing my sadness for the tiger because I like tigers and your explanation of eating what is put before you is good enough for me.  I eat cows....and there are many people who say...Cow meat ? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

Also, P.C. stands for pussycat....so you see....we're talking about my relatives here.

*I remember when my son was little, and I threw a pack of Pork loin in my shopping cart.  He was very upset to think we were going to be eating a lion for dinner. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/tiere/k022.gif" border=0]

Gopher

Lava bread (in Wales) made of seaweed.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

van_guy

This week - dog intestines!
Next week - I may have to try the voldka stewing in Cobra (or is it Cobra stewing in voldka?)

van_guy

Gopher wrote:
Lava bread (in Wales) made of seaweed.
That reminds me LM once bought me a beer from Scotland made from seaweed. it was odd to be sure but quite tasty as i recall

purelife

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"] van_guy wrote:[/span]
[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"] This week - dog intestines![/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Do you get ketchup with that?

P.C.

Ketchup ???  I'm thinking more along the lines of.......THIS

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Ketchup ???  I'm thinking more along the lines of.......THIS

PC,

I would have thought you'd have been pleased that I was now consuming your arch nemmisis (dogs)
Nope no ketchup - straight up - boiled dog intestines.  In case you were wondering no - it doesn't taste like chicken it tastes like a lot like dog guts.

|