exotic interesting food you have had

Started by purelife, Mar 07 08 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I had to google what haggis was... I don't think that I could ever eat that stuff...looks like something that would be on Fear Factor.  

Just looking at that stuff makes me lose my appetite...

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Why'd you have to do that?  GRRR  

Michel

Lil Me

SD is everyone's little brother.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Sportsdude

lol neither did I. Never really liked the role of oldest, would rather be the middle child.  

Lise

Wot the heck's wrong with fish eyes? Don't forget, you can also suck the marrow out of the fish bones... ah heck, I've done it with chicken too.

I've eaten frog. Taste just like real skinny chicken.

I've eaten a fish that was still.... breathing as it came to the table. Yes, the guy wrapped the head then dunked the entire fish in hot oil. I know, I know... very cruel but I was young and didn't know any better.

What else? Fish roe is my favorite though most would not consider it exotic.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Fish eyes are gooey and bulging.... *shivers*

This isn't exotic but it's the first time that I had blood oranges.  They taste ok... kinda like a ruby red grapefruit. :)

Gopher

Pressack's pretty revolting too (I had it in Germany) especially when you look at all the green and red jelly bits.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I didn't know that fish bones had marrow ?  I thought they were basically cartilage.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

By the tone we are not talking exotic - rather nasty ...

For me drink is tied between fermented distilled camels milk and a shot of voldka i had last week that was stewing with a bird and a chopped up crocodile (the other shot was stewing with a wild pigs bladder (?)

Food wise - deep fried chrysalis (1/2 moth 1/2 worm all nasty), turtle (not soup) straight up was pretty flippery.  Haggis is pretty good i thought.  sounds nasty but is quite yummy.  The only thing i can't get my brain (or lips) around is duck embryo served like a boiled egg with feathers and a beak.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Actual exotic - would have to be Tiger meat.  it was really tasty -  a close runner up would be Muskox also very yummy.  
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

OK..... maybe not marrow from fish bones and I think you're right, PC. Anyways, it's all that nice juicy brown stuff that can't go to waste.

Tiger meat???? You're soooooo cruel, Van!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|