Costco Lovers!

Started by purelife, Mar 06 08 01:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

I agree LM.. I do the same. I sear then cook on low on the que.
It was just an alternate suggestion.

They were out of sirloin roasts . They probably sold out earlier in the day.

The six packs of steak and bacons were 11.88

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

49er wrote:
SD,  its like forever you were living on quesadillas, since when you became a connoisseur of goumet cooking?

I have 'foodies' for roommates. It's wearing off along with their asian dishes.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Michel- I'm told downtown Costco has a better selection of heat and eat meals.  You could pick up dinner there every night!  (or teach kitty to get on the Skytrain and go shopping).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

purelife

I was at Richmond Costco and they sold teriyaki beef or chicken with rice and some veggies.  Didn't try it though.

Russ - I brought the sirloin roasts, marinated them in teriyaki and then wrapped in bacon.  I froze the rest.  I can't wait to cook em tomorrow.  I hope they turn out excellent.

Lil Me

Excellent purelife! Give us a full steak report tomorrow.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

purelife wrote:
I was at Richmond Costco and they sold teriyaki beef or chicken with rice and some veggies.  Didn't try it though.

Russ - I brought the sirloin roasts, marinated them in teriyaki and then wrapped in bacon.  I froze the rest.  I can't wait to cook em tomorrow.  I hope they turn out excellent.

sounds good purelife! I try to leave just the steaks in the marinade for 24-36 hours, then wrap in bacon and freeze.
Try.. sometimes I dont. They will turn out great!

Just think about them as your mouth is watering..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hey Russ - how did you get the bacon to stick on the steak?  Mine kept falling apart....

I marinated the steak with the bacon wrapped around it.  I fried it, then baked it.  It was yummy though.

I also experimented with making deviled potatoes (instead of deviled eggs).  I halfed the potatoes, boiled them, then scooped out the middle.  I added some butter, cream, spring onions, bacon and garlic.  Then, scooped the filling on top of the potato and grilled with cheese on top.  Oh, it was yummee! *burp*

49er

purelife wrote:
Hey Russ - how did you get the bacon to stick on the steak?  Mine kept falling apart....

with Elmers glue................I normally stick a tooth pick in to hold the bacon in place

Lil Me

Yum  The stuffed potato.  Or, the "twice baked potato".  

Lil Me

49er wrote:[em][/em]
 with Elmers glue................I normally stick a tooth pick in to hold the bacon in place
 --
 I use roofing staples.

Michel

Lil Me

Lil Me

I think the Health Inspector would have a few things to say.  

Michel

|