Costco Lovers!

Started by purelife, Mar 06 08 01:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I also like those beef burgers too.  I also like their bacon wrapped sirloin steaks.  yum!

I just ordered their eco-culture candles from their website.

Michel

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
I like the frozen Angus beef burgers.  Yummy, juicy, nice spices.
Russ will shoot me for saying this, but I prefer the burgers with breadcrumb filler instead of all meat.

LOL! <bless>

Well, I do like things like pure meat in burgers.. but sometimes you cant get that. I dont mind burgers with breadcrumb filler, but I cant stand the ones that have wee bits of onions in them.
Nothing wrong with less meat in things. :) :)

We might be heading there again later tonight

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

49er

Saw the person in line behind me last evenning at Costco........he had an oilless turkey fryer, looks like regular fryer and will fry a 25lb bird with infra red radiation

purelife

I saw that turkey fryer at Costco in the States.  If it's the same one that you saw, that thing is [FONT size=6]MASSIVE!!!!!![/FONT]

Michel

Russ

purelife wrote:
I also like their bacon wrapped sirloin steaks.  yum!
Michel wrote:
Oh I remember that too now, I used to buy a lot of those. They're very good indeed. So easy to do with a pouch of noodle on the side.

I tend to buy the two sirloin roasts, chop them up into 1 inch thick round steaks, then wrap them in bacon. Thats about double teh size of the ones you buy in the packages. You could hack it in half and wrap it in back so you get the same size as well. Marinate in teriyaki for 24-48 hours prior to cooking and it will be mouthwatering.

Its like what 15-20 bucks for 6 of those steaks?
Its 24 bucks for two sirloin roasts and you can get like 8 steaks out of each (more if you half some of them), and a four pack of costco bacon is 12 bucks.

Michel

Lil Me

Good tip about cutting your own steaks, Russ.  I think Sawdust does that, too.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I like that idea of cutting up the steaks and marinating it, Russ.  I'll do that when I have guests over.  The 6 sirloin pre-wrapped steaks are $12.

We can fry the steaks?  Or do you bake them?  I don't think I can bbq them.  (cuz I don't know how and don't want to burn them....)

Michel

Russ

purelife wrote: [em]The 6 sirloin pre-wrapped steaks are $12[/em].
 Michel wrote:
Oh, then it's the steak that I thought. I'm hungry now...
I stand corrected.. Its been a while since I bought em.

You can do what I said and after 24 hours or so of marinating, put 3-4 each in a ziplock then freeze it until you need it.

PL, sear each side of the steaks on high heat in the bbq, then put them on a tray and finish them in an oven.
Let them sit for 5 minutes before serving. You should do that after bbqing steaks as well. Meat is a muscle and tensions itself when you heat it.. let it sit for abit and it relaxes.

Lil Me

I don't have the time or patience to let my steaks sleep in the oven, so I just cook them on the BBQ.
 Sear on high heat, cook on low.

purelife- You can bacon-wrap the cut roasts, marinade and then individually freeze.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I like your tips Russ and Lil Me.  I didn't know that you have to let your meat sit for awhile before serving...good to know.

I don't think I'll bbq (in fall/winter), so I could just brown them on high heat on stovetop and then put in oven?  

I know what I'm going to buy at Costco soon. :)  

JJ

They just announced a Dunn's Famous brand Smoked Meat pouches recalled from Costco.

[A href="http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=8f688389-fc2f-4e68-81fb-922f786d9b26"]http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=8f688389-fc2f-4e68-81fb-922f786d9b26[/A]

|